Switching between Fuzz&Wah and vv

Started by arma61, March 27, 2008, 09:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arma61

Hi

what do I need, having in the same box a Fuzz and a Wah, to be able to choose if use it In>Fuzz>Wha>Out or In>Wah>Fuzz>out. I've tried with a 3PDT, even with 3 DPDT but it seems I didn't get it!   :icon_cry:

thx for help
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

The French connection

I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

arma61

merci Dan, the 3rd link is the one I was looking for!  :icon_smile: , I think it can be done even with a 3PDT, being the 4th pole used only for lighting LEDs. I was almost close to this solution but didn't realize I needed jumpers!

many thanks again
Armando

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Mark Hammer

I still think it would be an excellent idea for any enterprising boutique manufacturers out there to include order switching as a feature in their distortions.  Most instances of order-flipping that come up frequently involve a distortion, whether it is distortion plus wah, distortion plus autowah, distortion plus phaser, distortion plus EQ, etc.  Stick the order flipping where you'll want it most....in the distortion pedal.

The beavisaudio drawing (great, incidentally) indicates a need for 6 jacks, but if you know what ONE of the circuits to be flipped will be (the distortion), you only need two additional jacks to patch in whatever the second pedal is.  Easily done in a 1590BB chassis.

arma61

Quote from: Mark Hammer on March 27, 2008, 12:49:20 PM

The beavisaudio drawing (great, incidentally) indicates a need for 6 jacks, but if you know what ONE of the circuits to be flipped will be (the distortion), you only need two additional jacks to patch in whatever the second pedal is.  Easily done in a 1590BB chassis.

indeed I just need 2 jacks as the dist. and wah (One knob Fuzz and Inductorless Wah both Colorsound) will be boxed into one enclosure, and while I'm on here's the enclosure!

(sorry for picture quality, my wife took my camera!)

the pedal is not very comfortable, too "vertical", but I'll use it while playing at the computer so good enough

Cheers
Armando