500Pf cap question for Colorsound PB--also any other suggestions for this build?

Started by sjaltenb, March 27, 2008, 02:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjaltenb

hey im building a colorsound power boost/overdriver from this layout:

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/MarkMs-Gallery/album15/album76/Colorsound_OD_LAYOUT_001.gif.html

and it calls for a 500PF. I couldnt find that in a film cap on smallbear so i got a 470pf panasonic film cap low volt...then i also ordered a 500pf silver mica cap...not sure which to use??

Also the R4 and R11 call for 470R...is this 470ohm??? I hope so..thats what I ordered.

For the Electrolytic caps...C2,4,5,6,7,12--how do i know which way to orient the cap??

I got BC109s for this project...heard those were the best. Im using this for early Floyd tones and to boost a Fuzz and Muff like Gilmour did for DSOM/Wall and most notably..the Animals Tour.

IS there anything else I should know about this layout? I got the reverse audio taper 10k as called for for hte drive pot also. Any suggestions welcome...this is going to be a very important pedal on my board, I want to get it right.

THANKS!

foxfire

1. well any cap close to 500pf will work. most people would just use a generic ceramic disk cap but, it shouldn't matter at all in the end.
2. yes 470R means 470 ohms.
3. the positive leg goes in the square pad. also if you look closely you'll see that there is a greyish/blackish line/section at one end of the cap. it's a bit hard to see but, it's there.
4. if you have sockets feel free to use them for the transistors. i forget what i used in mine but, i have heard that the 109's are nice.
5. i used my own layout so i don't have anything to say about it personally but, get read this is a pretty bad ass pedal. i love mine and use it at every show.

sjaltenb

thanks for all the answers bud...that helps me out a bunch.

anyone else have any input for this build?