axis fuzz + srpp tone control video

Started by squidsquad, March 28, 2008, 09:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squidsquad

Hmmm...maybe I should have had better lighting? 
I look older in the video than in my mental image...HA!
Quick note:  the semi-clean tones on the last tune were done by rolling back the guitar's volume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snXg_lIeU3E

foxfire

nice work on the builds and the video. you've got some nice sounds coming out of that little speaker. have you tried it though a 12" yet?

squidsquad

About a year ago...put the Ruby thru my Twin's 2 12"s....once my girl stopped screaming at me...decided never to do it again hehe!

DougH

Very nice video, Rick.  :icon_wink: You should be on the Discovery Channel. Seriously, you have a great demeanor that really projects well in your narration. I loved the explanations, the schematics, tone stack calc, etc. Very entertaining in a good way. Your playing sounds real good too. I would regularly watch a show like this - "how it's made" exclusively for music electronics. I hope you do more videos like this.
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

squidsquad

Thanks Doug.  I need no ego boost...but was a bit afraid of makin a fool of myself (which I'm REAL good at).  I realized after posting that if anyone hadn't read the *How do I bias...?* thread, they wouldn't know what .047 cap I'm talking about.  And I never even showed the fuzz.
(just a junction box...nothing to show off).  If I do another...I'll script it out so I don't search for words...etc...  Maybe some make-up
(kidding).  I work in *the biz* & know how to do it right (got to work w/Will Smith last Wed)...but it takes a LOT of work.  I was home alone & bored & just decided to *go for it*.  I appreciate the encouragement bro!  Some of it came from seeing YOUR vid of that nice amp you made.
And Ton's vids were inspirational also.  And of course Mr. Wizard was my childhood hero!