Tube Cricket Vero Layout

Started by nico13, April 02, 2008, 05:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nico13

Quote from: Scruffie on May 12, 2009, 12:53:38 PM
Awesome, I think i'm right in saying that Pin 4 can go to A4 or A5 on the Tube Stage board if you want somewhere to put it, good luck with the build.

Pin 4 goes to A11 on the power supply board, as pin 6 of the JRC386 (E14 on the power amp board).

Scruffie

Oh right, my mistake, did you ever complete a build from your layout nico13? I really wanna know how this sounds before I commit to the build.

kristoffereide

Does Vcc go to C1 on the tube stage? or is D1 correct?
Quote from: biggy boy on April 12, 2009, 06:22:33 PM
I find it funny how I can have close to 1000 components, yet I never seem to have enough parts to make a project. :icon_eek:

Scruffie

Quote from: nico13 on July 04, 2008, 05:25:50 PM
Quote from: cox on July 04, 2008, 09:55:51 AM
i think he wanted to put the wire one hole up

Yes, Sorry for the mistake. Vcc should be one hole up on the tube stage vero.

Many thanks.

Yup should be in C1

nico13

Quote from: kristoffereide on May 12, 2009, 05:10:22 PM
Does Vcc go to C1 on the tube stage? or is D1 correct?

VCC is coming from C2/R3 on the power supply board.

I didn't build the Tube Cricket yet and to tell the truth it's not planned as I'm very busy for now.

therecordingart

Does anyone have this or the schematic?

Renegadrian

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

sgmezei

Hey does anyone know how this compares to a Valvecaster? I would like to build a tube distortion pedal and have only come across layouts for this one and the valvecaster. Any recommendations would be great. I also had a question about the power supply, Im assuming you need a specific one and my knowledge is a little weak about the power side of things. All the pedals I have built have been more basic, they all run on 9 volt batteries and the normal power jacks, so I get a little confused by the 12 volt power and 15 volt power I have seen. Any help would be great!

Thanks Team,
Scott

askwho69

"To live is to die"

Stinger

sorry for the noob question but it's my first amp build, what capacitors rate I should use?
Good deals with: Ben79, haveyouseenhim, Hemmel, arma61, rydog2223, g., Buzz

Barcode80

The source voltage is 12v, and in this particular circuit that isn't being pumped up anywhere, so 16v would be fine, 25v would be better, but not exactly necessary. a 4v swing is enough breathing room.

Stinger

thanks for the reply,
i wasn't sure because other amps that i saw use caps rated 450V which seemed weird to me.
Good deals with: Ben79, haveyouseenhim, Hemmel, arma61, rydog2223, g., Buzz

Renegadrian

Other amps use 300+ V so the 450 is to be on the safe side...some Marshalls run very high on voltage AFAIK
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

aka_daz

has anyone one else verified yet(ignoring vcc needing to be 1 track up)? well i'd like to say it sounds great, clean and gentle on soft hitting then crispy and warm on the hard hitting also sounds gr8 with a ampeg scrambler in front. put some samples up once i read the forum guidelines again(not sure of the rules surrounding audio clips)

runmikeyrun

stupid question... since this has a 386 chip will it work like a smash drive, that is you can use it as a pedal or run a cab with it as well?
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

Earthscum

Quote from: runmikeyrun on September 03, 2011, 10:57:45 PM
stupid question... since this has a 386 chip will it work like a smash drive, that is you can use it as a pedal or run a cab with it as well?

It's an LM386, dude! 500mW of speaker shredding power!  :icon_twisted:

If you can supply enough power to the circuit, ANYTHING can be made into a stompbox format.
Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum

Luke51411

Has anyone built the layout on this thread? Is this project a worthwhile build or should I just go with a standard noisy cricket?

thomasha

Have you seen this one:

or this one:
http://www.sophtamps.ca/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=39

I think the extra stage makes this amp sound better. I built one myself, and after some testing added a jfet stage.

You can build one and see if it's good for you, if you don't like it try the extra stage, it's not that difficult and sounds really better.

Luke51411

Will it sound good with a 12au7?

bamslam69

I've got a tube cricket all wired up on a breadboard at the moment. Producing a fair bit of humming, but I'm hoping that will be fixed once it's wired & boxed properly.

I saw this veroboard but wasn't keen on the 3 boards, so I've had a first attempt at DIYLC in putting it all on one of those Tayda veroboards,
Sorry, I haven't figured out how to attach an image yet, so here's a link to the pic.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103488404/Tube%20cricket%20Vero.png
I've been through the schematic and I'm sure it's good, but if anyone finds something let me know.
Cheers
Bamslam
Yeah Nah - Nah Yeah