This stuff looks interesting.

Started by demonstar, April 05, 2008, 11:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

demonstar

"http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?menuno=12463&FromMenu=y&doy=5m4&MenuName=Quantum%20Tunnelling%20Composite"

I think next time I'm in store I may pick some of this stuff up. Could make for an interesting footcontrolled device.

What do you think?
"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut"  Words of Albert Einstein

Mick Bailey

I thought this might be good in Tim Escobedo's Photon Filter to replace the LDR to ground.

The future is here, today, at Maplins. Quantum tunelling in our English high streets. In our own homes. Who'd have thought it?

demonstar

Hmmm... I was thinkin maybe to replace an LDR too. I got a couple of ideas. At that price I think I'll get some for a rainy day.  :icon_biggrin:
"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut"  Words of Albert Einstein

Solidhex

Yo

Make a dance dance revolution style floor mat made of the things and have them control all sorts of things in a multiple effects...delay time, phaser speeds, distortion blends. Then tap dance on it while you play.

--Brad

dxm1

Crude pressure sensitive resistors can be made by sandwiching conduxtive foam (from IC packaging) between two pieces of copper clad board. Solder a wire to each piece of baord, and tape the 'sandwich' together. No high tech 'tunneling' going on, though...

demonstar

QuoteCrude pressure sensitive resistors can be made by sandwiching conduxtive foam (from IC packaging) between two pieces of copper clad board. Solder a wire to each piece of baord, and tape the 'sandwich' together. No high tech 'tunneling' going on, though...

I'll maybe give that a go sometime because I have loads of that foam lying around. It'd be good to give it a use. might be crude but it may still well be good enough for some applications.