Tonepad RM Octavia Clone

Started by gatman, April 14, 2008, 09:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatman

Has anyone out there built one of these? If so, which value pots did you use? The schematic says use 100k logs for the volume, but the circuit diagram says use a 1M log pot. Also, I'm having trouble getting hold of a 10k reverse log pot. What is the best alternative to use?

petemoore

If so, which value pots did you use? The schematic says use 100k logs for the volume, but the circuit diagram says use a 1M log pot.
  I used 100k.
  Also, I'm having trouble getting hold of a 10k reverse log pot. What is the best alternative to use?
  10k log pot, wired backwards does that sweep with 'backwards knob turn'.
  Something else ~10k variable might do
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

MikeH

I used a 10K linear.

Mine is SUPER shrill.  I'm not a fan of it really.  Other upping the input cap to let in more bass and/or adding a low pass at the end, is there anything I can do to smooth it out?
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

gatman

The best result I can get is with a 10k linear - the profile of a linear pot output is a closer match to a reverse log than a normal log pot. Does anyone know of a way to convert a standard log pot to a reverse? Changing the terminals only reverses the sweep, not the output characteristics.

SteveB

Quote from: MikeH on April 14, 2008, 02:43:52 PM
I used a 10K linear.

Mine is SUPER shrill.  I'm not a fan of it really.  Other upping the input cap to let in more bass and/or adding a low pass at the end, is there anything I can do to smooth it out?

I added a 470 pf cap from output to ground, & it tamed a lot of the nasty upper end.

Steve

Pedal love

I have 10k reverse log. Hit me up.