News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Tools

Started by demonstar, April 16, 2008, 05:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpm83

Not really a tool but you need a loads of cable ties.

demonstar

QuoteNot really a tool but you need a loads of cable ties.

Ooooh I think I better get some of them. Might help me tidy my guts up a bit. Do you use these inside all your pedals Janne?
"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut"  Words of Albert Einstein

jpm83

Quote from: demonstar on April 19, 2008, 06:19:02 AM
QuoteNot really a tool but you need a loads of cable ties.

Ooooh I think I better get some of them. Might help me tidy my guts up a bit. Do you use these inside all your pedals Janne?

I have recently used them in most of my pedals. They are also useful for making strain relief to the alligator clip end of the audio probe cable and other DIY adaptors.

Janne

jpm83

And you  can also use them monting small PCBs with these.

RickL

QuoteSadly the RS web site does not list it anymore, but I found similar hand drills with bits for PCBs on UK sites.
But no sharpened pointer, dam, thats the sweetest plum! I wonder if Steve could source this one???

Two places you can probably find one: a welding supply shop - they're used for cleaning welding tips - that's where I got mine; or a hobby shop, the kind that sells plastic model kits.

moritz

Quote from: rikkards on April 16, 2008, 09:29:16 PM
Completely offtopic for the forum but somewhat ontopic for the thread (technically it is a tool). I bought this today:
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=1&p=59411&cat=52&ap=1
Can you tell where my mind is lately?  :icon_biggrin:

:icon_eek: I am now convinced there is a tool for everything!

Mick Bailey

I have a tapered reamer that will take a 5mm hole out to something like 32mm, Not one of the stepped ones, just a fluted cone. I use this a lot for adjusting hole sizes, or for safer boring of larger holes in die-cast or aluminium boxes. Very useful.

tiges_ tendres

Try a little tenderness.

demonstar

QuoteThis could come in handy for stompbox related stuff...

http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Machining/Products/JackTheGripper/jackthegripper.html

That looks great. I would get one but by the time postage is on top I think it's over priced. One has gotta' way up if the cost is worth the need.
"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut"  Words of Albert Einstein