Help me create a millenium Bypass PCB w/ Switch mount and In/out IC buffers!

Started by sjaltenb, April 22, 2008, 10:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjaltenb

Hey yall.

As a lot of you know I have been working on a Pete Cornish type board for a long time. I have the entire thing wired with 3pdts right now and yes the signal is good and everything is fine but I think it can be a lot better. I have SO MUCH wire running from swtich to switch its ridiculous. I bought cheap 3PDTs so they are beginning to fail one at a time. I want to re-wire the entire board plus add all the input/output buffers. So i started thinking about how many connections I will have to make to go from Switch-buffer-fx-buffer-back to switch- to next switch, etc. What a pain!!

Also, I want a cleaner way to run my LED indicators as right now i'll have to create a board full of resistors and run from my power to that and all the grounds, basically just a mess.

So this is what I want to do. I dont know much about millenium bypass, but i hear its great. I would like to create a circuit, that will MOUNT to whatever switch (DPDT?) that would include the following: The (millenium?) bypass circuit, the LED resistor, solder pads to go to the LED, Input and Output IC buffers (not sure about where in the chain), a single 9V in to power the buffers and LED, and also a solder pad so i can daisy chain the switches for 9V and also ground pads for all my shielded cable.

Can we do this!!!! Help me make it possible!! I think the chain would be somethign like this:

In-Buffer-to FX-Return-Buffer-out       OR   In-To Fx-Buffer-ToFX-Return-Buffer-return from FX-Out

The difference is simply placing the buffers before/after the S/R chain or simply in the chain. Tell me what you think!!

The Switch mounting is somethign I am particually interested in as it would make this whole thing worth doing.

PS- for whoever can figure this out i will be needing at least 12 of these.... so we can work out a deal!

sjaltenb

bump!!   i know this cant be that hard...its just creating the layout that will send the signal, power and grounds to the next circuit etc....i've just never done this before....

Auke Haarsma

Well, it's been quite a while... but reading your recent post in the Cornishboard-thread:

order left to right:FX out, FX in, Signal In, Signal Out

Is this what you are looking for?

PCB (print at 600dpi):