A new kind of stomp switch

Started by stoned_survival, April 23, 2008, 11:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoned_survival

hi this is a switch i found at one of the electrical components shiop...it can be used a s aDPDT stomp swithc...the actuator is the green part at the top..its freakin solid as helll..
the 4 lil boxes below the actuator are called the "elements" ...the green one(element) is used to connect the closed connections and the red ones for open connections...so basically if u want an spst switch ...u need one red and one green element...if u need a dpdt...u need 2 of both...u can get 3p3t...4p4t etc by successively combining the elements.....
no the drawback of this switch ..ITS HUGEEEEE
but the pros of this switch.... it defiens durability..tis SOLID as hell!u can stomp it AS hard as u want
this switch is axctually used in huge electriical machines as the emergency switch!
havent used it in my box yet..tho i will soon :)
i live in india...got it for Rs. 80(30 for the actuator and 25 per pair of elements)...so tths abt 2 USD..reasionable eh ?!?!

IF anyones used this kinda switch before then pls pour in your comments
otherwise also pour in your comments abt such a switch :)

Dragonfly

Wow...Ive never seen one of those before...and I thought I'd seen it all !

juse

Nice find.
Do you have a part number? Is it an expensive item?  - it looks like it is.

FisTheGoon

:o the switch is used by aliens to stop their spaceship to land on earth.
Just kidding. :icon_lol:

stoned_survival

@juse..... as i mentioned..its a cheap thing :)  2 USD

and i dont know the part number but next time when i go to buy some stuff ill def ask the guy there!

@ dragonfly...you have pretty much seen it all ;) ....so do u think such a huge thing is feasible....it must be about 2.5 inches high!

Papa_lazerous

We have loads of this type of switch here at work, similar top half and the same type that goes underneath, far too big IMO

ACS

Where there's a will, there's a way.  Do you know that manufacturer and/or part number?  would love to check this one out...

stoned_survival

http://www.teknic.co.in/ControlPanel.htm

i think these r the switches.... n the name of the company(manufacturer) is 'teknic'

these are safety switch actuators with elements :)

ill try this one soon.... will post the results

juse

Quote from: stoned_survival on April 23, 2008, 08:49:04 PM
@juse..... as i mentioned..its a cheap thing :)  2 USD

and i dont know the part number but next time when i go to buy some stuff ill def ask the guy there!

@ dragonfly...you have pretty much seen it all ;) ....so do u think such a huge thing is feasible....it must be about 2.5 inches high!

Thanks.... sorry I missed that part.

Maybe they could be mounted into the front edge instead of the top & kicked instead of stomped.....