Drilling wah casings with unibits?

Started by Solidhex, May 05, 2008, 03:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solidhex

Has anyone done this? I'd like to drill some holes in my wah casing for some extra features but don't want to ruin my unibit. Not sure how soft the metal is on those dunlop enclosures...

--Brad

kvb

is it a real unibit?
If it is, there should not be any reason why it would get messed up.

If it is a cheaper copy, I would say - watch out for drift. The hole might not end up where you want it to be.

Ry

I have drilled three new holes in my Dunlop Crybaby wah casing with a Unibit.  I had no issues at all, the material is pretty soft and easy to work.  Go to it! ;)

Solidhex

Paul Marossy

I've been using my UniBit for at least six years now - on dozens of projects ranging from really soft aluminum to pretty hard to drill steel, and it is still going strong!  :icon_razz:

eurekaiv

FWIW I bought a real Unibit at Lowes and the thing was so far off center I couldn't get a hole to line up within 2mm of where it started.  I returned it for another that was every bit as bad.  The three pack I got at Harbor Freight (for $9 :icon_eek: ) the other day is visibly MUCH less off axis then either of the real ones I got just looking at them rotating in the drill.  Havn't had a chance to try putting some holes into an enclosure yet though.

Solidhex

I got mine off ebay over a year ago still works great. I couldn't imagine having to switch bits for every different hole. I'm lazy.

--Brad