True Bypass questions

Started by arawn, May 17, 2008, 01:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arawn

Okay I have now got Four working diy clone type pedals that I built. However I can not chain them together, I built them all true bypass, and when I try to chain them together I lose my guitar signal, completely anyone alone is fine, and I can chain my whisker biscuit and orange squeezer, But noneof the others can be combined what is up with that? Is it the truebypass? or did I do something wrong?? little help please  ???
"Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Small Minds!"

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic

petemoore

What are the conditions with the problem is present? all effects off and what happens?
  In bypass mode, only two connections matter, ground and signal path.
   Test all the grounds with the DMM.
  Signal path can be traced with the audio probe or the DMM.
  A schematic of the bypass wiring ?
  What effects are the other two ?

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

arawn

ok
First the offending pedals are a Professor tweed, Ruby w/Bassman mod, Whisker Biscuit, Dan Armstrong Orange squeezer. I was just testing and the best chain for operation seems to be Ruby, Whisker biscuit, Professor tweed, Orange squeezer Then Amp. In that Configuration I can Use any one pedal or any one with the orange squeezer. Problems seem to be between the ruby and the professor they won't play together although at this point if those are the only ones then I won't worry too much, I wasn't going to use them together any way  :icon_biggrin:
"Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Small Minds!"

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic