Voetsek sequenced tremolo PCB layouts and instructions

Started by cloudscapes, May 25, 2008, 10:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloudscapes

hi!

a number of people asked for PCBs and general info on how this was built. so I prepared these :P I hope all the info is there! here is a zip with these same instructions as well as the PCB traces in 600dpi: voetsek_tremolo_diy_instructions.zip

/spam
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Pushtone

Brilliant. Your build is most impressive and inspiring.
Thanks for the excellent documentation.
I'll let you know if I see anything.

I don't recognize "Vanishing Moon".
Did you mean to write Vanishing Point?

It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

Pushtone

It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

cloudscapes

thanks for linking the video :)

I got the vanishing moon name from here:
http://compiler.kaustic.net/machines/vanishing-moon.html
I found it before the vanishing point (which I never really looked at)
thanks to both of them I guess :)

I'll probably do a revision of these docs later. I just realized I dont really explain what the controls do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Tuemmueh

Great project, thanks for providing all those informations!

cheers ~Timm

cloudscapes

I'll clean up the schematic and release that too once I have a bit of time. the sequencer part is based off of this:
http://www.electronics-project-design.com/DisplayLED.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

andrew_k

Wicked, thanks for going to the effort of writing this up.

If I ever come across 20 50k pots for cheap, I know what to do with them  :icon_mrgreen:

cloudscapes

thanks andrew ;)
(and I guess... bump)

speaking of pots, I'm going to start mounting them directly on PCBs, seeing how I now have a drill press and can do much more presice measurements! it will also make assembling something this complex a lot easier and quicker and thus encourage me to perhaps build a couple for people.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Tuemmueh

Quote from: cloudscapes on May 25, 2008, 07:45:55 PM
I'll clean up the schematic and release that too once I have a bit of time.

Is this still going to happen as I'm still interested in this project?

Or let me just ask: Where is the reset-button connected to? I don't find it anywhere and in the linked Sequencer-Schem, there is no reset-button either.

R.G.

Sorry - can't help kibitzing a bit.

The 4514 is a big chip, and was never used in large volumes like some other CMOS was. You can sub in two 4028 or 74C42 14 pin chips at the cost of some rewiring and have it be easier to find chips. Likewise, I think you can use a pair of cd4555's, or even a pair of CD4051's to do the decode thing. The CD4040 counter will do the entire oscillator/counter in one chip if you give up the up/down thing and only use count up.

Nice build.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

deathfaces

Did anyone ever have a crack at this? I was thinking of giving it a try. I also don't see the "reset" switch connection in the diagram. Was wondering if cloudscapes had any advice to offer.

AudioMime

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AUDIO MIME
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Quote from: rousejeremy
Stick the Tremulus Lune in a Feedback Loop and your neighbors will call the cops on you. Which will be awesome.