Need help Identifying these LED mounts (mouser parts)

Started by sjaltenb, June 07, 2008, 11:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjaltenb

Hey yall.

I don't have a physical catalog with me so this is very difficult trying to locate these part numbers for these LEDs.i have searched and seached on the internet with no results....

Here are the pictures:

I need help identifying the Large LED mount that is on the wood (which must have a very long shaft to mount on that wood), the small flush mount LED mount that is on the middle of the panel, the LED mount that is located on the brass angled thing. Also if anyone knows the part number for that little wiring piece that plugs into the LED that would be great too.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

jstone

Bump.

I'm also interested in these, particularly the flush-mounted LED in the first pic.  Any leads would be most appreciated. 

Thanks!

jstone

Nevermind, the guys over at HC pointed me to the correct part on Mouser.  Part No. CMC313.

jstone

Actually, the part pictured above has the Fresnel rings.  Mouser part no.  CMC321.  You'll probably also need to buy the retaining rings.  Part no. RNG268. 

sjaltenb

hello! are those retaining rings what hold the LED lens in place or the LED itself?? I superglued the lense to the panel which worked fine, but now i cant figure out how to keep the LED in there..

Thanks.

.Mike

It looks to me like both the 313 and 321 mentioned in this topic are meant for PCB-mounted LED use.  According to the company's catalog, the LEDs are either meant to float in front of the lens, attached to the PCB, or you need a special clip that attaches the LED to the lens. I'm not sure which clip you need, but it is likely on page 18 or page 22 of the manufacturers catalog (link).

I just ordered some stuff from Mouser, and I bought the VCC CLB300CTP. It apparently is the same or similar to these. The difference, as I read it, is that they are "ClipLight," meaning that a T1-3/4 LED will just clip into the lens. I can let you know how they work once they arrive.

And last, before you go order the RNG268 as mentioned, do your research. The RNG268 is for the CLF, CLB, and SQB series. You bought the CMC series. The corresponding part is the RNG234. But still, I think that is for mounting the lens to the enclosure, and not for mounting the LED to the lens.

:)

Mike
If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

jstone

Thanks Mike.  Please keep us posted if these work.