Feedback Looper with momentary switch - help with layout?

Started by big bustle, June 12, 2008, 12:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big bustle

i'm having a hell of a time getting the routing right with a feedback looper that has a dpdt momentary switch. i started with beavis' design here:

if anyone has an existing layout they could share it would be very appreciated.

jacobyjd

What kind of looper are you trying to build--i.e. what functions of the Beavis design to you want to retain?

For example, I build a looper (off the Beavis diagram--thanks for all your work, dano!) that is only the feedback loop part, meaning only the SPST momentary switch was needed with 4 jacks and a volume pot.

Ultimately, that will determine what kind of wiring diagram you'll need.  :)
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

big bustle

great question

i want it to function as a feedback looper where the pot sends the signal from the return to the send. i dont want the spdt switch in there.

i want the spdt switch to provde the same function as the 3pdt switch with out the led function.

Quote from: jacobyjd on June 12, 2008, 01:21:51 PM
What kind of looper are you trying to build--i.e. what functions of the Beavis design to you want to retain?

For example, I build a looper (off the Beavis diagram--thanks for all your work, dano!) that is only the feedback loop part, meaning only the SPST momentary switch was needed with 4 jacks and a volume pot.

Ultimately, that will determine what kind of wiring diagram you'll need.  :)

jacobyjd

Well, if I'm understanding you correctly, then this might be along the lines of what you're looking for--this is a quick hack of dano's diagram with the SPST and LED removed--I'm hoping I got it right (80% confident...?)--don't hunt me down if it's not:

Man, I haven't rocked MS Paint that hard in a long time. I think I need a smoke.  :icon_razz:

big bustle

thanks!

but i should have been more clear! i wanted the 3pdt and the spdt to be in there.

Naz Nomad

... riding a Lissajous curve to oblivion.

MikeH

I think you're mixing up your 'S's, '3's and 'D's.  Care to clarify?
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

big bustle

:icon_redface:

uh... whoops!

i meant 3pdt and the dpdt duplicating it's function!

The French connection

Ok i think if i understand you right, you want the loop with true bypass and the feedback loop function to be switch with a momentary stompswitch instead of the spdt toggle switch? Effect loop and sudden feedback effects...Right? Then a DPDT momentary in place of the spdt?  ;)

Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

big bustle

oh dear....

ok what i REALLY want is health insurance BUT... i'll take a true bypass pedal with a feedback loop so that when you hit the switch 3pdt switch the feedback loop is engaged with out an option to pull the pot out of the circuit with a spdt switch.

i'd also like a dpdt momentary switch to provide the same function as the 3pdt.

is that clear? i sure hope so :) here i am sending an email to a family member just last week extolling the virtues of clear and concise electronic communications. seems like i need to heed my own advice.

Naz Nomad

Ok, lemme try again ... 3PDT works as normal, but the pot is permanently 'on', thereby negating the need for the single pole switch.

You also want to to 'momentarily' activate the pedal with a DPDT footswitch?

Is this want you need?

Basically, removing the on/off control for the pot, and wiring a momentary DPDT in parallel with the 3PDT?

big bustle

correct-a-mundo!

now i guess the question is. when the feedback loop is by passed. should i hear any audio from the pedals? having the feedback pot inline at all times when bypassed: will this have any detrimental effect on my "clean" signal?

jacobyjd

If by 'clean' signal, you mean your signal when the loop is bypassed, no, it will not be detrimentally affected, since the feedback loop volume pot is inside the loop.

Naz Nomad

Use a 4PDT to drop it out of the circuit on bypass, maybe?
Use the extra pole to disconnect the 'pot lug 2&3' to 'send jack tip' wire. Technically, combining the pot on/off switch with the 3PDT.

Dude, you really need to go and buy something from the Beavis site since we've used all those pics to help you.

niopren

hi,

I build this looper, but the "feedback" not work when i connect a NON true bypass pedal before the looper.

any suggestion?

big bustle

Quote from: niopren on March 19, 2009, 05:55:07 PM
hi,

I build this looper, but the "feedback" not work when i connect a NON true bypass pedal before the looper.

any suggestion?

that's a pretty common occurrence for me. i suggest putting a clean boost in the feedback loop. it won't function the same exact way as with just a guitar in there.

i think it has something to do with the guitar pick ups impedance being far different than the buffered pedal (like a boss tuner).

my tuner measures 100k from tip to ground and my beloved plectra les paul copy measures 12k.

hiorgos

Quote from: jacobyjd on June 12, 2008, 01:41:19 PM
Well, if I'm understanding you correctly, then this might be along the lines of what you're looking for--this is a quick hack of dano's diagram with the SPST and LED removed--I'm hoping I got it right (80% confident...?)--don't hunt me down if it's not:

Man, I haven't rocked MS Paint that hard in a long time. I think I need a smoke.  :icon_razz:

Kind of old thread, but just to confirm that this diagram does NOT work. It does the opposite, just a regular true bypass box with volume, not a feedback looper.

czech-one-2