new enclosures on the block - Road Rage Pro-Gear

Started by smnm, June 13, 2008, 06:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smnm

from a new ebay seller based in Canade - in 3mm alu! - they look cool but a bit expensive for me with shipping etc, though I do like this type of construction

http://cgi.ebay.com/Road-Rage-Pro-Gear-D-I-Y-Premium-Large-Enclosure_W0QQitemZ120271600171

letsgocoyote

hm, interesting.  the price isnt too bad.  looks super sturdy, and kind of reminds me of way huge boxes.  might be real cool if you paint the bottom half a different color than the top half.

Nitefly182

Quote from: letsgocoyote on June 13, 2008, 08:40:49 PM
hm, interesting.  the price isnt too bad.  looks super sturdy, and kind of reminds me of way huge boxes.  might be real cool if you paint the bottom half a different color than the top half.

I sent an email for a few of the bigger boxes and an enclosure for a bypass strip. These are exactly like the boxes a friend and I are seeking for a collaborative project.

soggybag

These look like great boxes. I really like the thick heavy aluminum. But the cost is scaring me away, especially when shipping isn't listed...

Nitefly182

Shipping wasn't expensive. I bought three of the large ones and they average out to about $16 a piece. About as much as if you went to a metalshop and had about 50-100 fabricated for you. I wanted to buy a looper enclosure but they were $40 each for the 6 loop ones. Probably still cheaper to buy the parts other than the case seperately but I got the impression that they really didn't wan't to be selling looper boxes seperately.