Terminal Strip Source

Started by vanhansen, June 19, 2008, 12:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanhansen

I'm gathering up parts to build another Rangemaster clone and want to do it on terminal strip this time.  Where can I get some terminal strip other than through Ted Weber?  I'm not having much luck.

Has anyone made their own using paper clips or something similar?

That's an item that would be cool for Small Bear to carry, even if it has to be limited due to small demand.  I can get everything else I need from him that I don't have in my stock.

Erik

mdh

Do you have a Radio Shack nearby?  Even they carry terminal strips:  http://tinyurl.com/5wre9l.  One size fits all, of course.

vanhansen

Holy cow.  I didn't think they sold them.  Thanks.

I've got several Rat Shacks near me.  I'll look for the package when I go in to get some electrolytic caps and such.  I like to go in now and then and pick through the capacitor drawer.  Most of the time I come home with most of the metal and poly film caps they have....lol.
Erik

kurtlives

While ordering parts for an amp I am building at Hoffman Amps I noticed they were selling some.

I thought of building a Rangemaster on strip and got some.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

dschwartz

i wanted to build a point to point tube amp.. since i couldnĀ“t find terminal strips here in Chile, i used molex connectors.. they work like a charm!!!!..look:

----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

vanhansen

Dang.  I can't see the molex connector picture from work.  Are those the ones that use set screws or are they the ones that snap together like in computers?
Erik

frank_p

Quote from: vanhansen on June 20, 2008, 02:11:51 PM
Dang.  I can't see the molex connector picture from work.  Are those the ones that use set screws or are they the ones that snap together like in computers?

Do as if you would quote the post.  Then copy the adress that is in the image link, and paste it in you browser.

vanhansen

I can see it now.  The firewall at work blocks that server.

That is a neat alternative to tag boards.  Nice work there, Daniel.
Erik