Please help wiring 2 Proco Rat 2's in 1 box

Started by BaLaClavaAa, June 21, 2008, 04:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaLaClavaAa

I made a layout for the proco rat 2 following SoulSonic's schematic so that I could fit 2 on 1 board.

I was wondering if someone could please help me on the wiring of the battery, jacks, and dpdt switches so that I can use just 1 powersupply, 1 set of jacks, and run the switches with their normal Rat bypass. I don't know how to do this (especially the rat bypass) so it would help me out alot if you could take a look, that is if you can get over the jumbles of wire all over the place  :icon_redface:

The layout hasn't been verified yet, but should be correct. If you just 1 one rat then you just remove the bottom 9 strips, easy enough. Also you can do Soulsonic's mod on it quite easily.

These links helped me in the layout, as a sort of mention for the help they brought.

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_rodent_lo.pdf
http://aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/soulsonic-fx/ProCo+Rat2.gif.html

JOHNO

The power supply looks ok as it is, just plug your power supply in and away you go. I personally would use true bypass switching. That way you can eliminate a few components and i think its as good if not better than the original bypass set up.

BaLaClavaAa

Ok thanks, I wasn't sure if I just linked them up togeather off the same supply with a juper, but sounds good =]. I think it is true bypass, it is dubed rat bypass, which I think the Melenium Bypass was first passed off of. I'm not sure how to connect them though because I have never done rat bypasss before.

JOHNO

Yeah your right it is true bypass already the switches are just wired different to the way i do it. Any i dont use the led indicator, cause you can tell by ear wether the rat is on or off. But i guess with two in a row youll want to know which one is on and which is off.

BaLaClavaAa

Yea the LED definitly helps there, also if I am running it off battery, it lets me know if I acidently left it on thus wasting it, among other things. Thanks for the confermation on the powering part.