Question for Neovibe builders regarding chorus & vibrato volumes...

Started by SteveB, June 22, 2008, 10:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveB

How big of a volume difference it there on yours between the chorus & vibrato modes? It has been stated that the vibrato mode is indeed louder than the chorus mode, but I want to know if mine is normal.

I can't measure the actual dB difference, but in the the chorus mode, unity gain is with the volume cranked. In the vibrato mode, I have to set the volume around 1 o'clock for unity gain.

I built mine in 1996, & it's been like that all these years, & I started getting curious after trying a Fulltone, & noticing no volume differences between the modes. Now, maybe he altered the circuitry to compensate, but I am curious to know how your builds came out.

Thanks,
Steve

Mich P

Hi, vibrato is a little be louder than
the chorus mode in mine .
Mich P.

plankspank

I can't detect a distinct volume change between the two on my build.

R.G.

It's easy to balance them. The vibrato setting has a voltage divider that sets its level the same as the chorus. Diddle those resistors.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

SteveB

Quote from: R.G. on June 22, 2008, 03:17:07 PM
It's easy to balance them. The vibrato setting has a voltage divider that sets its level the same as the chorus. Diddle those resistors.

Thanks. Are you talking about R37 & R38, or others?

Steve

R.G.

Yes, R37 and R38. Think of R37 and R38 as the top and bottom parts (above/below the wiper respectively) of a pot. Change the relative values to turn the "pot" up or down, keeping the sum the same.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.