News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

midi sending pedal looper

Started by eleanor296, June 24, 2008, 04:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eleanor296

ok...
so I've been searching (using the search function  ::)) for several days now....
and I found some great stuff about midi switchers.
But it all went over my head and was waaayyy too complicated for what I need.

I got a 4-channel head that can switch channels using MIDI.
Awesome thing.
But....
what would be cool would be a looper with, let's say, 8 loops that could send midi messages to my amp to switch channels as I engage a loop.
Or, even better, engage multiple loops of my choosing as well as a channel of my choosing with one footswitch!
Kinda like the Brunetti Vector or the Musicomlabs thingiedoo.

So here comes the rain on the parade:  I got no idea about MIDI.  Zip.  Nada.
The amp's a Rocktron Vendetta.

Any ideas?
From what I know nobody makes exactly what I'm looking for.
But hey, even if somebody on here offered to make me one of those for a reasonable price... I'll take'em up on it!

Let me know your thoughts.
I'd get one of the two options named above, but I don't exactly swim in money so... that's why I'm on DIY fora anyway ;-).
Mostly amp building stuff, but now I'm getting into pedals, they're cheaper to build  :icon_mrgreen:

So...
HI GUYS!! WHAT'S UP!
and, already, thanks for the help.

~Andy

WLTerry

Good question, I'm looking for that too. First you should learn all about MIDI theory, I guess there's some good info on line.

I've found something about a DIY MIDI controller right here: http://tomscarff.tripod.com/prg_chx8/program_change.htm . Didn't read it yet but as I see there is some PIC microcontroller programming involved. In a near future I think I'm gonna build something like this so I'll keep researching on that.

Cheers
Will

RonaldB