Spyder PS Schematic

Started by silverflame44, June 25, 2008, 06:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverflame44

Hey guys,

I had a quick question.  I'm attemping the spyder power supply, and i'm planning on using the prewound weber transformer.

On R.G.'s diagram i wasn't sure what was between the two input AC lines?  it looks like a capacitor and resistor but i wasn't sure what the purpose of them.  Also, what types of values would these be?  I dont want to leave out something, especially when i'm working with AC!  :icon_exclaim:

Thanks!!!!
Hey guys,
I've been participating in a program that pays me money for reading Emails! I earn $45 a month!!! I'd like to share it with you, so to get more information on the program, the website is:

www.snipurl.com/email4pay

I hope you enjoy it!!!

Naz Nomad

Maybe a capacitor and resistor in series as a filter to remove high frequency noise and to suppress surge current?
... riding a Lissajous curve to oblivion.

davent

Looks to be a neon light for the round symbol and I'll too say a resistor. Value ???

http://library.thinkquest.org/10784/circuit_symbols.html

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Naz Nomad

Yeah, a neon, that's it ... couldn't see the little dot.  ;D ;D
... riding a Lissajous curve to oblivion.

silverflame44

hey guys,

thanks for your input!  lol yeah according to that sheet its a tube diode and an unspecified component?!?!  i can't seem to figure it out! does anyone else have anything to add?
Hey guys,
I've been participating in a program that pays me money for reading Emails! I earn $45 a month!!! I'd like to share it with you, so to get more information on the program, the website is:

I hope you enjoy it!!!

dxm1

Quote from: silverflame44 on June 26, 2008, 01:23:05 AM
i can't seem to figure it out! does anyone else have anything to add?

It appears to be just a power indicator. Lose it, and use something on the DC side.  Or, search the net for a neon indicator circuit, and see what the usual resistor value is for 120/240V...

silverflame44

hey! thanks for the information--i didn't know what a neon indicator circuit was until i googled it!

i really appreciate it!!!!

--eri
Hey guys,

I hope you enjoy it!!!

dxm1

Quote from: silverflame44 on June 26, 2008, 01:42:41 AM
i didn't know what a neon indicator circuit was until i googled it!

Life is for learning... learning is good.  Neon technology is older than almost any two members of this forum.  Can you buy'em new, or do you have to find them surplus? I have a stash, and it will probably go in the box labeled 'WTF???' when my survivors execute my will...

silverflame44

--dxm1

haha i really really really appreciate all of the help  :icon_biggrin:

After doing a little more research on the neon indicator, i thought that I might leave it out of the circuit... instead just having the fuse and an LED off of one of the DC parts (from your recommendation!)

thanks to everyone for the help!

--eric
Hey guys,

I hope you enjoy it!!!

davent

Quote from: silverflame44 on June 26, 2008, 01:23:05 AM
hey guys,

thanks for your input!  lol yeah according to that sheet its a tube diode and an unspecified component?!?!  i can't seem to figure it out! does anyone else have anything to add?

You went too far down the list. The list is alphabetical, half way: Lamp, Neon. :)

Take care
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg