Worst Looking Pedal Pictures Thread - Post Your Disasters Here !!

Started by frequencycentral, June 27, 2008, 11:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amptramp

Brisance

My fuzz prototype, after tweaks and stuff

Sounds nicer than it looks.

duck_arse

that first photo looks like a slab of perspex, brisance.

[I think my first build for the year is heading for an entry on this thread. depends on whether the paint dries enuff to sand it flat.]
don't make me draw another line.

Brisance

hehe, it kinda does. Love these ABS boxes though, drill pilot holes with a dremel and handenlarge them with a stepped bit.

deadastronaut

@brisance,  that's far too good to qualify for this thread.. :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Jdansti

Quote from: Brisance on January 10, 2015, 06:02:47 PM
My fuzz prototype, after tweaks and stuff

Sounds nicer than it looks.

The first photo appears to have the pots and switch mounted on the cover, but in the second they appear to be mounted on the inside of the enclosure. This is somewhat Escher-esque!
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Brisance

Quote from: Jdansti on January 11, 2015, 04:07:37 PM
The first photo appears to have the pots and switch mounted on the cover, but in the second they appear to be mounted on the inside of the enclosure. This is somewhat Escher-esque!
Looking at it, it might seem like it, but actually they are onthe inside, the cover is the bottom.

main thing, why it's a disaster is becase I really didn't measure the panel component placement and jsut drilled some holes for the pots and inpit/output jacks, also the prematurely drilled hole, meand for the led above the stompswitch, after mounting the switch I realised there's no way I could fit a led there  :icon_rolleyes:

Also the ghetto labeling, which uses my patented component storage labeling system(electrical tape + cd marker)

amptramp

Get yourself a Dymo labeller and make it look like a pre-production prototype of a new cutting-edge stompbox that will make all others obsolete.  We used to do specialized test equipment that way.  Or print to a transparency and glue it on.

Jdansti

^ I've also found that printing on photo paper, gluing it to the enclosure, and then spraying clear laquer on it works pretty good.
  • SUPPORTER

Willypp

Quote^ I've also found that printing on photo paper, gluing it to the enclosure, and then spraying clear laquer on it works pretty good.
I've done this a number of times, but I'm getting better results using adhesive waterproof laser printer paper.  It's thinner and tends to stick better with less mess than the spray on contact adhesive I use with the photo paper.

Jdansti

^ I've heard the same from Mustachio and others. I'll have to try it.
  • SUPPORTER

Benoi31

After reading the "laser etched", "etched enclosures" and "1590A" threads, it feels good to see all of this  :icon_mrgreen:

GGBB

Quote from: Benoi31 on March 26, 2015, 11:56:19 AM
After reading the "laser etched", "etched enclosures" and "1590A" threads, it feels good to see all of this  :icon_mrgreen:

+1000
  • SUPPORTER

Hatredman

Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.

Hatredman

This is not mine, but I had o post.

Gentlemen (unfortunately no ladies here) I present you The Sardine Wha:

According to the description (and some guessing of mine) there's no rocker and no filter pot. Just a momentary switch that charges and discharges an electro capacitor. The voltage across the cap controls a VCF (I think).

Besides the sardine can, the momentary switch is in fact a pair of screws, so when you're whaing away :P you can hear the tac tac tac of the screw heads slamming each other.

I think it belongs in here, even if the guy is not in this forum.

From here:
http://www.flogao.com.br/pedaldesardinha/46082327
Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: Hatredman on February 11, 2016, 10:32:55 AM
This is not mine, but I had o post.

Gentlemen (unfortunately no ladies here) I present you The Sardine Wha:

According to the description (and some guessing of mine) there's no rocker and no filter pot. Just a momentary switch that charges and discharges an electro capacitor. The voltage across the cap controls a VCF (I think).

Besides the sardine can, the momentary switch is in fact a pair of screws, so when you're whaing away :P you can hear the tac tac tac of the screw heads slamming each other.

I think it belongs in here, even if the guy is not in this forum.

From here:
http://www.flogao.com.br/pedaldesardinha/46082327

Oh but there is a woman here. She was recently having issues with a pedal. Bifbangpow, or something rather is her name.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.