Worst Looking Pedal Pictures Thread - Post Your Disasters Here !!

Started by frequencycentral, June 27, 2008, 11:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uuav

hello all (first post)
my disaster:

If you want to know how it's done, I'm sorry but i can't remember everything I did  :icon_exclaim:

frequencycentral

Quote from: uuav on June 28, 2008, 01:56:29 PM
hello all (first post)
my disaster:

If you want to know how it's done, I'm sorry but i can't remember everything I did  :icon_exclaim:

Man - that's disgusting! Looks like it's spent some time in a sharks stomach. Yukk!

Well done! Excellent work!
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Naz Nomad

... riding a Lissajous curve to oblivion.

uuav

Quote from: frequencycentral on June 28, 2008, 02:02:54 PM
Man - that's disgusting! Looks like it's spent some time in a sharks stomach. Yukk!

In fact the real recipe is:
    -red spray can+gold paint+alcohol
    -fire (the paint should be flamable)
    -wait until it's completely dry
    -wood glue

Quote from: GREEN FUZ on June 28, 2008, 02:09:29 PM
OMG!!! THE THING HAS EYES. :o

Remember me to label the pedal like that!

Quote from: Naz Nomad on June 28, 2008, 02:23:49 PM
I love it ...

Muchas gracias, it's more horrible in real, it has different layers of texture because of the glue so it's look reeeaaallly organic.

By the way special thanks to Dano for the schematic! (It's a valvecaster with an extra max gain footswitch)!

Hanglow

ahem, I think I could well be in the running

My first ever build

TS808 type with switchable diode clipping, in a plastic box with wire that was far too stiff and big for the holes in the GGG board. Please note that the perfboard upon which the diodes were arranged got broken, and I fixed it by taping a bit of a broken biro to the side of it.  I rehoused it with just my favourite diode clipping combination and rewired it of course. It sounded great!

Derringer

hello all (first post)
my disaster:

Uuav ... Looking at that pedal makes me hungry and want to throw up at the same time.

Very well done!

And yes ... IT TOTALLY HAS TEH EIYES !!!!

Derringer

my most recent build ... from this I learned the importance of designing the control layout from the inside out. I've been looking at the outside first and not considering what space will be available on the inside. I'm going to ditch the battery though in favor of a DC jack so that should fix things up nice. I still need to learn better wire routing, but hey, it works and is quiet enough for rock n' roll!
Yes, that's duct tape on the trace side to prevent grounding out. The electrical tape just didn't want to stick that day.

And then there's this ... true bypass box

I wish I had taken a picture of it earlier in its life when it still had its 2" ears on either side. It was originally a junction box that was intended to be stud mounted.

I guess I subconsciously left the bar code on it in case I ever want to return it?

putting an LED and a feedback pot into this have been on my to-do list for a while now

dschwartz

----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

JOHNO

Another ugly lookin fuzz face. Its my first build and sounds worse then it looks.

darron

my first hand drawn etch. FF... i debugged it later...

copper had been exposed for a while:

much recycled prototyping box:

looked horrible so became a:

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

JOHNO

darron

Quote from: JOHNO on June 29, 2008, 07:48:59 AM
Darron it still looks horrible.

:D

If you are talking about the FF board then it is PRE-debugged.... look at those solder joints... how does that not add mojo? haha
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

uuav

Quote from: Derringer on June 28, 2008, 03:59:33 PM
hello all (first post)
my disaster:

Uuav ... Looking at that pedal makes me hungry and want to throw up at the same time.

Very well done!

And yes ... IT TOTALLY HAS TEH EIYES !!!!

I paint fishes too!

evilpaul

studiostud

hello all (first post)
my disaster:

dude.  that looks tasty.  it looks like it was covered in what I usually find on the bathroom floor after a kegger.  nice work!
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

Slade

I missed this post before... Awesome post!!!

My first Etching (Tonepad's Ross Comp):

My First circuit (GGG Guv'nor):

;D