Started by solderman, June 28, 2008, 05:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solderman

Hi a bit of an odd question but...
I've tried to send a mail to contact@runoffgroove.com but got a MTA

<contact@runoffgroove.com>: host mail303.ixwebhosting.com[98.130.1.144] said:
    550 sorry, no mailbox here by that name (#5.1.1) (in reply to RCPT TO
    command)

Anyone knows the correct address if there are any??? and how to post pics here??

By the way here is the question I had to runoffgroove.com it might interest some one maybe??

Hi runoffgroove
Thanks for a very good and informative site. I have tried some of the stuff I have found here with good results. I specially like the idée of presenting sound clips witch help a lot in what to build. Even if the sound is different IRL with my Tiny Terror and my 4x12 its still a marvels hint about what the result will be. I have just finished breadbording the "Double D" witch I find to be a very interesting circuit and god sounding in a odd way too.
I might have found an error in the text though. Shouldn't The text "Pin 3, 13, 16  NC" be "Pin 6, 13, 16 NC" 3 needs to be connected as shown in the circuitry as I se it??
About FET:s have you any suggestions of a replacement for J201. They are quite rare in Europe (Sweden) and it takes some time and costs a bit of shipping to order small portions from Smallbear even if he is my choice of "electronic pusher" for rear IC and trannies. I tried the MPF102 but I have to drive it hard to get a good sound in "Jiggle" but then the "bounce" gets to hizzy. Have you any suggestions on the drain voltage on Q1

I like to try to implement some sort of tone control, especially for "bounce" since the 47n and gain seems to make a high pass filter that really has an effect on the tone between no and full gain. Any ideas? Maybe something like the TS 808 between 12 and 14??

I'm sending you a picture of the patient and of the Easyvibe that I found (almost) here. I also have a "Nurse quack" packed in a bag (I always try my builds on a breadboard first and if I like the sound I store the components in a bag waiting to be soldered to a home etched PCB and put in a box.)
Thanks a million for your devotion to the spreading of knowledge about this time consuming hobby that a lot of us addictive stomp box builders love.

//Solderman

Ps.

The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuild stomp boxes.

The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

solderman

The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)