vintage-style enclosures

Started by reggaestylee9103, June 29, 2008, 10:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reggaestylee9103

i really like the style of the old Electro Harmonix style boxes like the big muffs and small stones (and if i could find enclosures like a Memory Man that would be sweet too!). would anyone know a website where i could get some?

Also if i could find the style of enclosure of the new Jimi Hendrix Octavio's (the "Cheese Wedge" box), i would really want to use those too

letsgocoyote

someone on this messageboard is making copies of ht ehx boxes for sale, if orget who

John Lyons

Look in the "For Sale" forum here.
Other than that I've never seen any for sale.

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Krinor

reggaestylee9103

but aren't the electro harmonix enclosures just a generic folded metal box? shouldn't they be everywhere?

hday

One would think that they would be all over the place, but unfortunately that's not the case. I've been looking for a Fender Blender enclosure or something similar, but there's not a whole lot out there. Either buy the old pedals or make them yourself is about the only options you have. Hammond does make some "wedge" style cases with a flat top, but they're a little big for my taste.

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: reggaestylee9103 on July 02, 2008, 12:42:34 AM
but aren't the electro harmonix enclosures just a generic folded metal box? shouldn't they be everywhere?

There are a few folded metal boxes on the market, but most of them are not great for the guitar DIY'er.  Either the angle of the slope isn't right for floor use or they tend to be made from a thinner metal.  Also the cost on those angled hammond enclosures is usually higher than the cast variety.

I think one of the things that holds us back in terms of enclosures is that most electronic/diy enclosures are usually created for people who dont need to put their devices on the floor and then step on them! 
Try a little tenderness.

tskullt

hi guys,
  I'm working on a larger enclosure now and I don't think I'm going to go with a cast product. 
  1) the cast would end up to be VERY expensive
  2) extraordinarily heavy.

I'm probably going to go with the U shaped approach, but I haven't worked out the details yet, any suggestions apprciated.
m.

http://www.pedalenclosures.com
* make all the other pedals jealous *

MicFarlow77

Hi All,

For what it is worth, I am game for coming up with enclosures of any type that are within my current setup to build.

I can easily do up to 3 inches high, almost any width and depth and almost any angle or slope or recess you can think of. My enclosures are made of high quality aluminium and are welded and brazed for maximum strength. They are also clean on the outside, meaning no visable fasteners. The bottom is also recessed into the enclosure as well, so no visability there as well. I can do my standard round corner or I can also do a much sharper corner.

Here are some pics (Bottoms are in all of them as shown... well, not shown actually, because it is recessed...)

Here is a closer look at the sharper corners:

If anyone is interested, please post size recommendations and I'll be glad to see what I can do.

Thanks,

Mick

tskullt

Hey Mick,
   I love the design of those middle ones.  very, very cool...
m.
http://www.pedalenclosures.com
* make all the other pedals jealous *