STEREO TREMOLO MOD?

Started by mouthfulofmoths, October 23, 2009, 01:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouthfulofmoths

Hello,

I've got my eye on a Seymour Duncan Shape Shifter tremolo pedal.  It looks to be ideal except for the fact that I need a dual outputs, much like on the EHX Pulsar.  I've only dabbled a little bit with modding but it seems it would be reasonable to add a second output to the pedal.  What would I need to do to accomplish this?  If someone could kindly give me the basic information I need to take on this task.  I'd like to be able to run it to two amps.

Thanks for your help!

Tyler in Austin

connie_c

For anyone to help they will need a schematic. Unless you have one I'd say buy the pulsar, its a cool pedal.

Or look up the tremulous lune, the most versatile trem I've ever heard. I'm in the middle of building one. Not stereo though.....

Processaurus

Definitely not a light mod.  You would need to duplicate most of the signal path (The VCA, however they do it, and everything after) and figure out the bypass switching too.  You'd want a schematic.  

A weird alternative would be to mix the output of the tremolo antiphase with the dry signal, to cancel the two when the trem is peaking, but have it swell up, by leaving the dry, when the trem volume dips.  And then make it the right volume again...  there might be issues with the depth.

Line 6 makes a stereo, tap tempo tremolo, might be better mod projects out there.