help with finding FX in out on RAT2

Started by sjaltenb, July 08, 2008, 06:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjaltenb

Hey, just got a RAT2 and im gutting it for the cornish board.

I easily found the in/out to the 3pdt but i am having trouble with finding where the FX in/out is on the actual board.

The switch looks like this:

1  2  3
4  5  6
7  8  9

1- in from jack, connected to 9
2-to somewhere on board
3- to somewhere on board
4 to somewhere on board
5- connected to 7 then to somewhere on board
6- output to jack
7-connected to 5 then to somewhere on board
8- open
9-connected to 1

When in bypass, using a DMM 1 and 6 are connected (obviosuly), when the switch is stomped, 1 and 4 are connected, so im guessing thats my FX in...how do i find the FX out on the board? So i can relocated the switch and change it to my own switching diagram.

thanks!!!

ambulancevoice

ok, this is how that bypass works
pines 4 5 6 are the poles, pins 1 2 3 7 8 9 are the throws
when bypassed, pins 4 and 7 are connected, pins 5 and 8 are connected and pins 6 and 9 are connected
when on, pins 4 and 1 are connected, pins 5 and 2 are connected and pins 6 and 3 are connected
pins 2 5 8 are for the LED, or the indicator
pin 5 is ground/earth (0v), pin 2 is the negative lead of the LED pin 8 is n.c. so the led turns off when pins 5 and 8 are connected
pins 1 4 7 are the input switching (which includes grounding)
pin 1 is from the jack, and is connected to pin 9 so when in bypass the input jack is taken from pin 1 to pin 9 which is connected to the output jack (pin 6)
pin 4 is of course connected to the fx input of the board, so when the effect is on, pin 1 (input jack) is connected to the fx circuit input (pin 4)
pin 7 is ground, because it is connected to pin 5 which is ground, so when in bypass, the fx input is sent to ground via pin 7 to pin 5 to ground, this helps cancel any noise from leaking into the signal when in bypass mode
pin 3 is the fx output, so when on, pin 3 is connected to the output jack (pin 6)
pin 6 is the output jack
pin 9 is the input jack, taken from pin 1

Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

sjaltenb

thank you for the VERY hepful reply!!!!!!!!