Furry Sabertooth?

Started by morpha2, July 09, 2008, 02:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morpha2

Just stumbled upon this. Anyone tried a build?

Jimmy-H

Correct me if I'm wrong.
But it seems like a modded woolly Mammoth to me......
Well they both come from the Ice-Age isn't it ?
I did build another version........ :icon_redface:

MikeH

It's a *ahem*... ZVex Wooly Mammoth clone.  Pretty much exactly, looks like.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

morpha2

Bass playing friend's birthday is coming up and I was thinking of doing a build for him. This layout looks a little...incomplete to me. Like where do you connect the switch?

If anyone has other build suggestions or links, it would be appreciated.

Jimmy-H

The swich is pretty standard.  ;)
I'll bet you find it somewhere in this forum.

But here is a link of a dutch build (I hope the Zvexers don't mind ) : http://www.newtone-online.nl/forum/index.php/topic,1485.0.html

slacker

The wires marked In and Out go to the switch. Have a look here for plenty of examples of how to wire up switches.

morpha2

Thanks for the input everybody. Just curious, which of the two builds would you attempt? I etched a PCB for the Sabertooth a couple nights ago, but I got cold feet. Now I'm thinking the Dutch version might be easier, especially with all of the photos for reference.

Gus

stumbled?

Why did ask here about it and not the site you found it?

morpha2

Quote from: Gus on July 16, 2008, 07:24:28 PM
stumbled?

Why did ask here about it and not the site you found it?
I found it on a google image search. The link is just some imageshack thing; I have no idea what website it's from. Hence I "stumbled" across it. Hence I came here looking for help.

Jimmy-H

Quote from: morpha2 on July 16, 2008, 05:59:46 PM
Thanks for the input everybody. Just curious, which of the two builds would you attempt? I etched a PCB for the Sabertooth a couple nights ago, but I got cold feet. Now I'm thinking the Dutch version might be easier, especially with all of the photos for reference.

I compared the two layouts.
It's pretty much the same, except for the second tranny.
That's on the other layout a MPSA 13.

audioguy

I've built a couple using this layout but changed C1 and C5 to 47uf... SOUNDS KILLER! its a really flexible fuzz... lots of fun.

ambulancevoice

madbean is a user on here
called Bean
he has a website and layout gallery
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money