Tonepad FSH-1 not working. voltages..etc... please help

Started by gijimmbo, July 16, 2008, 09:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Scrap my last post.  Futurlec do have the LT1054.  I'll definitely get this one.  2 bucks cheaper, higher voltage operating range.

Thanks again Liquids, do you have a hotline?  1800-LIQUIDS?   :icon_biggrin:

CS
Pedal Parts Shop                Youtube

liquids

Breadboard it!

sgoman

DEBUGGGEDDDDDDD!!!!!!

I don't know if this topic is right for me but I think that it will be usefull for all people having problems with this effect. So one hour ago after 2 weeks I found the problem(s). My FSH had a great filter but nothing for the S&H, only a clean low guitar sound with a tick behind. Than...after spent € 10 replacing different components I check the voltages (why not before?) find in this topic. All ok, not Q5 and Q6, starting by g of Q5 I found nothing more than around 0v, not the 8v,something aspected, so going back to the IC3 (B) I clean the contacts  with a spray for that, than I try one more time with trimmers. It GOES! More specifical: 10K trimmer works only on minimum, at that point 100k trimmer have a function, you can define the tone and the depth of your S&H effect. I found the balance around 65% of  range, before and after nothing good. Another useful info, Q5...I use the first BF245a, semi-destroyed, turned in all the position possible, burned? Absolutely not! It works with sequence DSG or SDG! So...after all, an invisible bad joint @#$%ed my stomp..cleans your ears, your teeth but also your (handmade in my case) PCB, before buy new components!