UK-Knobs-Where do you get yours/small fluted knobs

Started by F.V, July 17, 2008, 10:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F.V

I personally like the fluted knobs from maplin, but maplin is a rip-off, and 84p each is too much, i'm sure there must be somewhere cheaper. I normally do all my ordering from rapid, but is there somewhere else i can order these knobs from? I know smallbear does them, and it might be worth an order from there, are his push-on or grub screw fitting? But hopefully it wont come to that, so, any good knob suppliers in the uk?

selectortone

Banzai and das Musikding in Germany have good selections of knobs at reasonable prices and the shipping is usually pretty quick.

Bendables in the UK have some nice ones.

axg20202

There is a Chinese (I think) seller flogging those knobs on e-bay pretty cheaply...I think I'm right in saying that this type are all grub screw fitting.

F.V

hmm, still kind of pricey, does anyone else use them a lot? Because they work out at 31p each including shipping from smallbear if you buy 100 of them. and i dont quite think i'll need 100 of them, but maybe 50 for me, 50 for someone else to cut costs?

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

gez

"Small and fluted" is something I personally wouldn't admit to, Stephen!
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

newfish

...and why would you want to put a knob on a Flute?

"...this one time at band camp..."

:icon_lol:

Yes - Maplin are expensive.  Have you tried the perreneal favourite 'rapidonline'?  If they're as cheap for fluted phallus thingies as they are for Chickenheads, you'll be alright.
Happiness is a warm etchant bath.

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

F.V

Quote from: F.V on July 17, 2008, 10:42:34 PM
I I normally do all my ordering from rapid,

Rapid don't really do any good knobs...just the small ones you'd find on a mixer console  :P

gmr1

Have you tried these folks: http://stores.ebay.com/PARTSPIPE - look under the "All Knobs" section, plenty of options.

I've ordered a couple of lots of knobs for them, and they've been great and have gotten to me pretty quick.

axg20202

Ah..it's Friday again....obligatory knob gag day.
Personally, I'd just get them from SB and make the order worthwhile by adding the makings of something else.....still got to be better than using Craplins and you get another build out of it too...

axg20202

Quote from: gmr1 on July 18, 2008, 10:37:05 AM
Have you tried these folks: http://stores.ebay.com/PARTSPIPE - look under the "All Knobs" section, plenty of options.

I've ordered a couple of lots of knobs for them, and they've been great and have gotten to me pretty quick.

Yep, this is the ebay seller I was referring to. Could be worth a punt.

F.V

I think i'll probably go down the smallbear route, will then just need to find a few other things that i'd like, go over my long to-do list again and try and justify another big order.

axg20202

rackham

I've bought some of these not too long ago

http://cgi.ebay.com/PACK-50-23mmDIAx12-FOR-BOSS-effect-pedal-CONTROL-KNOBS_W0QQitemZ300241297151QQihZ020QQcategoryZ22669QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

In fairness to them, they arrived inside a week. I like ordering from Smallbear too though, although you always end up with much more stuff than you set out to order. ::)