Thanks to P. Marossy, R.G. And Alex for protoboard ideas. (Your pictures ?)

Started by frank_p, July 17, 2008, 11:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank_p

From ExpAnonColin:
Looks like it's the data acquisition board for National Labview; perhaps I am wrong but it looks like that.

This is their new data acquisition plugboard.

frank_p

No I was wrong, it is the Free Information Society Experimentation board:

;D

rnfr

i'm putting together my protoboard right now, and i was wondering how important you guys think it is to have an actual stompswitch.  if you have one, do you actually get any use out of it?
right now it looks kinda like jf's.  with the right angle aluminum bracket and the terminal strips.  i was going to just mount the jacks to the bracket, but then i found i have just enough room to put a small sized box w/ a switch.  don't know how much i would actually use it though.  anyone care to weigh in?

frank_p

rnfr

yeah. i juse put a toggle on it last night.  was just wondering how much use people get out of their stompswitches.

JFX09

I'm satisfiedwith the toggle switch/led and knob for the lm317 regulator "happy meal " affair. I don't feel I'm missing out not having a stompswitch.
Happiness is a effin' hot soldering iron

JFX09

It lets me work with different voltages from 0 to 15V, so I can simulate a weak battery and eventually 12 volt circuits. But really, Its all just an excuse to put a Volt meter  :icon_razz:

JFX09

Well, actually  (puffs up chest...) It's my first ever perf layout from the  "Linear/switchmode voltage regulator Handbook" by Motorola that I found for a buck (couldn't pass it up, professional misbias...). But I believe it's in the datasheet for the LM317.

rnfr

yeah, i was just looking at the app note for the 317.  what resistor values did you use?

JFX09

JKowalski

Here's mine, for the record.

Looks just like R.G's! Except for being 100X less nice. : P

aziltz

Quote from: frank_p on August 26, 2008, 05:47:19 PM

No I was wrong, it is the Free Information Society Experimentation board:

;D

we use these in the lab i teach, but half the functions are busted.

JKowalski

tehfunk

Quote from: frequencycentral on July 29, 2008, 02:49:52 PM

I have two of those stand up things that wires are inserted into on my breadboard, but I don't get how to use them. What do i do with them/what are they best used for?? Thanks.
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

salocin

Quote from: tehfunk on March 27, 2009, 12:34:49 AM
I have two of those stand up things that wires are inserted into on my breadboard, but I don't get how to use them. What do i do with them/what are they best used for?? Thanks.
Do you mean the coloured things? The coloured bits screw up and down, you loosen them poke a wire through underneath tighten them up and then you can stick banana plugs are alligator clips into the top.

Quote from: bean on March 26, 2009, 11:40:06 PM

What's the angled bracket on the right hand side of the board for?

frank_p

Quote from: tehfunk on March 27, 2009, 12:34:49 AM

the space between the two holes are normally standardised to use those kind of adaptors:

or use "straight" banana wires:

Then if you have some equipment (power supplies, measuring, signal generator, etc.), you can run a coaxial wire (shielded) between the breadboard and the other equipment.

- or you can squeeze a stripped wire underneath the screwable plastic-metal "nut"

Ref:
http://www.all-spec.com/1/category/Test+%5E+Measurement+Equipment|Test+Clips+%5E+Adapters/ALLSPEC/&w3items=25&w3group=1&w3index=51