some pedals i've built in the last few days and a few ?'s....

Started by B_of_H, July 29, 2008, 12:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B_of_H

I've been on a geekout rampage....

(well that and I partied my ass off at a gig wed and went and saw moe/ grace potter/ cosmopolitics on thursday so I needed some 'downtime')

I built this one to fit snuggly in the corner of my board.  It's Paul C's fat bastard and a A/B loop switch with LED's in a 1590 blem box from PPP.  It's switches silently on both sides.  The insides are very messy so i'll spare everyone the horror.  (you can barely see my opto comp in the pedal board photo next to the PP2)

side

I'm not getting a lot of output on the fat bastard (not like the ones i've built before).  There is still plenty of boost on hand but I have to put more gain than previous builds in order for it to get as loud.  What could I try changing to get more clean boost?  

Orange Squeezer - perfboard, mark m's layout...'squeezed' into a 1290 from PPP (same blem run I think)

Can I try a 2272 chip in place of the 4558?  Would that make it more hi-fi and clear sounding?

BYOC Tremelo - (a little blurry because the blinking green LED) in a PPP 125

I actually built this patch box a while back but thought I'd share as well.  It's a 1290 from PPP as well.  I made a little snake with four cables and it connects here.  It has made using the effects loop much easier in setup and take down for gigs.