Re: This is different.....

Started by aron, September 22, 2005, 09:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

If you are a guest, you can view the forum but the reply button is not available.

gez

Is there any way to get the text a little larger Aron?  When you first linked to this new format I'm sure it was bigger?  I tried adjusting the text size to 'larger' in my browser's 'view' menu, but nothing happened.

I can live with it though. :)
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

aron

Where do you want the text to be larger? Yes, I can work on a template that will make the text larger. Then you can choose it in your profile.

vanhansen

How do you search for posts by a specific user, or by author?  I tried and the search doesn't allow me too.  Minor issue compared to the improvement of searching by keywords.
Erik

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

I like it, but here are a few suggestions, maybe they can be implemented in a profile theme?

1. The old forum used the whole width of the browser window, this one leaves some large space to the right and left. Can this be corrected to fit the browser window?

2. There are a couple of things that can be made to look like the old forum: The order and names of the columns (old forum: "Topics", "Replies", "Autor", "Views", "last post"). And make the "autor" and "last post" column content to be centered instead of left aligned.

3. The first two columns icons, those could be combined to the "topic" column to bring them closer together. The way they are I find them a little difficult to associate with the topic.

I'm only bringing this up because it can easily make the new forum look a little more like the old one, and make it easier to get used to it.

Fp
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

.. and maybe make the "TOPIC" column content be BOLD.

Fp
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

gez

Quote from: aron on September 23, 2005, 01:06:06 PM
Where do you want the text to be larger? Yes, I can work on a template that will make the text larger. Then you can choose it in your profile.

Aron, the replies/posts themselves if possible as the font is a little small for me to read.  Other than that, I think this new format is great - loads more options and not so clinical looking!
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

aron

Please add all forum improvement/comments to the stick topic:

http://diypedals.com/index.php?topic=37569.0

gaussmarkov

Quote from: vanhansen on September 23, 2005, 01:56:08 PM
How do you search for posts by a specific user, or by author?  I tried and the search doesn't allow me too.  Minor issue compared to the improvement of searching by keywords.
starting at "Home" go to the bottom and click "Members List" and the search for a user is at the top of the list displayed.

hope i got this right.  :)  i've used it, and it works nicely.

vanhansen

Quote from: gaussmarkov on September 23, 2005, 04:40:02 PM
How do you search for posts by a specific user, or by author? I tried and the search doesn't allow me too. Minor issue compared to the improvement of searching by keywords.
starting at "Home" go to the bottom and click "Members List" and the search for a user is at the top of the list displayed.

hope i got this right. :) i've used it, and it works nicely.

I'm not looking for a specific user, I'm looking to search for posts by a specific user, like in the phpBB forum you can search by author and it returns all posts by that person.
Erik

gaussmarkov

Quote from: vanhansen on September 23, 2005, 05:31:48 PM
Quote from: gaussmarkov on September 23, 2005, 04:40:02 PM
How do you search for posts by a specific user, or by author? I tried and the search doesn't allow me too. Minor issue compared to the improvement of searching by keywords.

hope i got this right. :) i've used it, and it works nicely.

I'm not looking for a specific user, I'm looking to search for posts by a specific user, like in the phpBB forum you can search by author and it returns all posts by that person.

farther down, under "additional info", there is another link to show just "recent" posts.

oh. sorry. my mistake.  :-[

after you locate your author (as above or by clicking on their name somewhere)  look at their profile and you can click on "show posts" in the column on the left under the "profile info" title.

farther down, under "additional info," there is also a show "last" posts link.

gaussmarkov

wait.  all is not well.  when i click on my own name in this forum, i see the extra choices that i described above.  but i don't see them for others.  at least, not for anyone i have clicked on so far.  not even aron, who has presumably updated his profile (my first guess why others weren't coming up the same way.)

???

gaussmarkov

well, the "show last posts" at the bottom (which appears in both formats) does what we need.  i got 134 pages of posts for aron when i clicked that.  so i guess, the other "show posts" link is redundant.