Black Crowes "Lickin'"....stutter pedal to achieve the intro riff?

Started by skiraly017, August 12, 2008, 09:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdevlin

Quote from: skiraly017 on August 16, 2008, 02:16:15 PM
Wow! I didn't think Dave "I'm a god and you're not" Meniketti was still around. He's the only one I know that has an ego that rivals Yngwie's (at least it did back in the day).

Hmm.....Interesting.  I've met him, and have known other's that know him and I have never heard that.  I can say this for certain, for the past 10 years or so he has done right by his die hard fans BIG TIME.  You gotta have some ego to be a lead singer/lead guitar.

If you ever liked him and you like the blues, see if you can get a copy of his solo CD "On the Blues Side"  (http://store.meniketti.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=25).

How the hell do you PM on this board anyway.

rnfr

haven't heard much of the crowes lately, must say i really dig this song.  got a real sleazy vibe to it.  dig the creative use of the switch too.  guess i like my rock kinda slutty-  you know some stooges, gnr, howlin wolf, the seeds, dolls, etc.
no offense meant but i can't really say the same for the y&t.  i feel like i've heard that song played by a million bar bands in the past, and it still sounds the same.  dig the sweet facials during the solo though! :D

bdevlin

Quote from: rnfr on August 16, 2008, 08:53:46 PM
no offense meant but i can't really say the same for the y&t.  i feel like i've heard that song played by a million bar bands in the past, and it still sounds the same.  dig the sweet facials during the solo though! :D

What!!!! How dare you not like the music I grew up with.  Just kidding.  It does show a good example of the toggle trick.

skiraly017

Quote from: bdevlin on August 16, 2008, 06:37:47 PM
Quote from: skiraly017 on August 16, 2008, 02:16:15 PM
Wow! I didn't think Dave "I'm a god and you're not" Meniketti was still around. He's the only one I know that has an ego that rivals Yngwie's (at least it did back in the day).

Hmm.....Interesting.  I've met him, and have known other's that know him and I have never heard that.  I can say this for certain, for the past 10 years or so he has done right by his die hard fans BIG TIME.  You gotta have some ego to be a lead singer/lead guitar.

If you ever liked him and you like the blues, see if you can get a copy of his solo CD "On the Blues Side"  (http://store.meniketti.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=25).

How the hell do you PM on this board anyway.

There were some interviews back in the 80's where Dave *may* have come across as a little full of himself. Seriously though, I had no idea his was still around and playing. Good for him.
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson