Troubleshooting AMZ MOSFET Boost

Started by blueduck577, August 13, 2008, 07:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueduck577

I've just build my AMZ MOSET boost on perfboard. However, when I plug it in, i just get the same dry signal as if I plugged the guitar directly into the amp, no matter the position of the pot. I've checked the board for short circuits, and there were none. I also checked my traces and they followed the schematic.

I think the transistor might be in backwards. Would this fit with my "symptoms"? What is the pinout of a BS170?

Thanks

zyxwyvu

Quote from: blueduck577 on August 13, 2008, 07:38:50 PM
I've just build my AMZ MOSET boost on perfboard. However, when I plug it in, i just get the same dry signal as if I plugged the guitar directly into the amp, no matter the position of the pot. I've checked the board for short circuits, and there were none. I also checked my traces and they followed the schematic.

I think the transistor might be in backwards. Would this fit with my "symptoms"? What is the pinout of a BS170?

Thanks

http://www.google.com/search?q=bs170+datasheet

GibsonGM

Hi Blueduck,

Check out the "Debugging" thread under "building your own stompbox", it lets you know what to post so people can consider what might be wrong with your build - voltages etc.  Chances are the BS is in backwards - if it still doesn't work, try another mosfet; that one could be damaged.  Remember, they're static sensitive, so work carefully!

~Mike
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

demonstar

Check, check and keep checking everything and like Mike says check out the debugging thread and then I'm sure people will start to chip in and maybe be able to tell you where your fault lies.
"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut"  Words of Albert Einstein