hey how about recycling broken PC power supply unit? ive already salvaged 2 unit of my broken PC's PSU! it got a lot of parts! these are some parts in just one PSU..
- at least 3 medium/mini transformers(got this serials in the two mini trafo YX EE-16-A, YX EE-19-3B anybody can find a usefull project for this trafo's?using it for bass brass maybe?
- 3 medium toroid coil and 2 small toroids (how do you measure these thing because no marking on them?usable for wah pedals?)
- 5 to 8 102, 103, 104 ceramic and mylar caps
- LM339N chips
- 3 to 5 TL431 proggammable precission shunt regulator transistors
- 3 to 5 C1815 general purpose NPN transistor (low noise with minimum hFE 70 and max hFE 700.its a high gain and you can build sick metal fuzz out of it!
- 5 1uF Electro Caps and a few high value elco caps (220 to 1000uF)
- 1 big red 105 mylar caps
- 6 power transistor with big heatsink on it!
- 1 PC817 photocoupler chip
- and whole lot of resistors range form 100 ohm to 1M!
these PSU are cheap here in indonesia, around $7.5 each and because of the cheap price they broke after 4-6 month!so i got my self 2 of them laying around while years ago i used to throw 'em away (what a waste!)
I'll post some pic after i got my self a digital camera. or maybe open a new thread on this topic, since this thread is for salvaging light bulbs
and now i just remember that i have a broken motorcycle CDI ignition unit and think to salvaging it too (if i can somehow remove the rubber epoxy that covers it
anyone have any idea to use those parts for other guitar pedals instead of fuzz?