Soul preacher Attack mod???

Started by Gila_Crisis, September 01, 2008, 09:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gila_Crisis

i just built a Soul Preacher compressor, following MarkM layout and works really well.
now i was just wondering, is it possible to add a pot or a switch to control the attack of the compression?

Gila_Crisis

up up, do someone have an idea?????
here's the schem:

markm

This circuit is very similar to the Orange Squeezer, perhaps Mark Hammer can shed some light?

Mark Hammer

Well it isn't THAT similar, but I would guess that the 10uf cap off pin 5 has much to do with the time constant of the sidechain circuit.  If you want "faster" try making that cap "smaller".  Consider either 3u3 or 2u2 as your first experiment.

On the other hand, the 1uf cap just before the FET does come after the rectification so perhaps the key lies in either that cap value or the 4M7 parallel resistor.

Gila_Crisis

Quote from: Mark Hammer on September 29, 2008, 10:49:46 AM
Well it isn't THAT similar, but I would guess that the 10uf cap off pin 5 has much to do with the time constant of the sidechain circuit.  If you want "faster" try making that cap "smaller".  Consider either 3u3 or 2u2 as your first experiment.

ok i'll try this, thank you. and what about playing with the 1M res before the FET?

Mark Hammer

Quote from: Gila_Crisis on September 29, 2008, 11:12:53 AM
ok i'll try this, thank you. and what about playing with the 1M res before the FET?
That will have an impact on the current reaching the gate, but not the rate at which it does so.