Tonebender with reverse audio taper fuzz control

Started by Solidhex, September 08, 2008, 02:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solidhex

Mich P

Focalized

I ordered a bunch of reverse audio 1k pots to try in fuzz faces. Seems like they might make it more usable. A linear pot is really just at max all the time.

Dingleberry Electronics

I've used 1KC (reverse log) pots for all my fuzz face-type pedals for years. Also other dirt pedals with same type of gain/boost RC-arrangement are usually easier to control with rev.log pot. They work well and the range of the pot is much more usable during the whole rotation curve.
I've also found that rev.log pots suit in many other cases much better than linear. Linear pots were/are just normally used because of they were/are easier to get.
Nowadays its easier, because you can order rev.log pots from nearly electronics supplier. I've used those 16mm Alpha C-pots for pedals. There are also the bigger 24mm pot available, but I've mostly used them only in amps because of the bigger physical size.
Best to start with modding your fuzz face with this cool
"Super unique no one else can do it hyper custom ultra rare boutique smooth gain curve-mod" by changing 1KB pot to 1KC to get the idea.
Somebody is probably offering that mod already... sorry if I ruined your business by revealing the secrets behind your mojo talk... ;)
+1 for rev.log pots!

-T. Dingleberry