"Vintage Style" Orpheum Fuzz layout

Started by Dragonfly, September 10, 2008, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

Heres a "Vintage Style" layout for the extremely nasty (in a good way) Orpheum Fuzz. It's in the Shin-Ei / Mosrite family, so if you need a "Inna Gadda Davita" , "Spaghetti Western", or "Spirit In The Sky" fuzz, this is a good candidate !

I included an extra diagram on this layout which I'll probably do on future layouts as well...its an "overlay", and should make it easier to see what's going on in the layout !

Enjoy !

PS - the schematic in the one remade by Dan, referenced in THIS thread.

Mark Hammer

Is that a layout or is that a poster for a show with Albert King, the Jefferson Airplane, and The Electric Flag at the Fillmore West (with Light Show by the Family Dog)?

Positively psychedelic, man.  I'm groovin'. :icon_mrgreen:

Dragonfly

Quote from: Mark Hammer on September 10, 2008, 02:03:22 PM
Is that a layout or is that a poster for a show with Albert King, the Jefferson Airplane, and The Electric Flag at the Fillmore West (with Light Show by the Family Dog)?

Positively psychedelic, man.  I'm groovin'. :icon_mrgreen:

;D ;D ;D ;D

So you're saying that the layout captures the "vibe" of the pedal ?

;D ;D ;D ;D

alex frias

Please, stop it!

It's hard to resist building another Orpheum, with this twisted sexy PCB, it's almost impossible!

One more great job done, congrats!
Pagan and happy!

bipedal

Very cool, er, groovy.  Imagine using this in a pedal with a Light Emitting Border (perhaps configured with an LFO for a faux strobe effect?).   Serious mojo!

I suddenly feel the need to watch an Austin Powers movie.

Great stuff.

- Jay
"I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won't work." -T. Edison
The Happy Household; The Young Flyers; Derailleur

foxfire

it looks like a black and white version of one of your boxes.
rylan

Mark Hammer

To co-opt an oft-repeated phrase from my youth (though not one I ever used myself): "Oh maaaaaan, that layout would be sooooooooo great...on acid!".

Can you tell that Cheech and Chong were in town the other day on their current tour?

On a less chemically influenced, though not necessarily more serious, note - was that drawn entirely by hand or do you have some secret software weapon that permits such, er, "deviations" from the norm?  (Though now I think I want to see a custom mobo service that will give me a dual core mobo or even a video card with that style of layout. :icon_rolleyes:)

frequencycentral

Off at a tangent - I work in a school. I walked into the nursery today to see 3 year olds pouring paint into salad spinners, then putting round card in and spinning. The results were pure 'Dragonfly'.......gotta try that!
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Dragonfly

Quote from: Mark Hammer on September 10, 2008, 03:20:34 PM
To co-opt an oft-repeated phrase from my youth (though not one I ever used myself): "Oh maaaaaan, that layout would be sooooooooo great...on acid!".

Can you tell that Cheech and Chong were in town the other day on their current tour?

:icon_lol:

On a less chemically influenced, though not necessarily more serious, note - was that drawn entirely by hand or do you have some secret software weapon that permits such, er, "deviations" from the norm?  (Though now I think I want to see a custom mobo service that will give me a dual core mobo or even a video card with that style of layout. :icon_rolleyes:)

Nope...I use Microsoft Paint. :)

Dragonfly

Quote from: frequencycentral on September 10, 2008, 03:31:51 PM
Off at a tangent - I work in a school. I walked into the nursery today to see 3 year olds pouring paint into salad spinners, then putting round card in and spinning. The results were pure 'Dragonfly'.......gotta try that!

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

sounds like you found your "labor force" for that pedal painting company you've always wanted !

8mileshigh

Yeah Andy, I am really groovin on your new retro "far out" designs.  Why don't you team up with John and start selling these.  I, for one, am interested.

Chris

Builts completed: Tweak-O, Fuzz Face Si and Ge, Rangemaster,Fuzzrite Si & Ge, Bazz Fuzz, L'il Devil Fuzz, Bosstone one knober, Bosstone Sustainer, Cream Pie, Kay Fuzztone. http://www.myspace.com/chrisdarlington

Dragonfly

Quote from: 8mileshigh on September 10, 2008, 04:37:08 PM
Yeah Andy, I am really groovin on your new retro "far out" designs.  Why don't you team up with John and start selling these.  I, for one, am interested.

Chris

:)

gutsofgold

I'd buy this one as I have never heard an Orpheum/Shin Ei type fuzz. It's a real bassy fuzz?

Dragonfly

Quote from: gutsofgold on September 10, 2008, 06:50:34 PM
I'd buy this one as I have never heard an Orpheum/Shin Ei type fuzz. It's a real bassy fuzz?

Nope - quite the opposite...trebly, spitty, and biting....

John Lyons

If Andy does not mind I can make em if people want em.
Andy?

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Dragonfly

Quote from: John Lyons on September 10, 2008, 10:50:19 PM
If Andy does not mind I can make em if people want em.
Andy?

john

im sure we can make it happen....pm me and we'll figure it out !