Super-fuzz scoop switch questions

Started by ringworm, September 11, 2008, 06:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ringworm

I've just finished populating the pcb for uStomp's Super-fuzz project and all has gone well so far.
However I'm a newb (this is only my fifth project and hopefully my third to actually work!) and am a little confused about the scoop switch and have a few questions.
What type of toggle switch should be used here? I'm in the UK and have looked at the list of switches in Maplin and am unsure, is it an 'on-on locking both ways' type switch?
Can the switch be replaced for a pot, say a 10k and if so should the wiring change with respect to that specific pcb?
Hope someone can help.

slacker

For the switch you want a SPDT (On-On) switch. Type A on this page http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=2341.
If you want to replace the switch with a pot connect the pads marked Switch-1 and Switch-2 with a jumper.
Then disconnect the right hand end of the 0.1uF capacitor that's to the upper left of Switch-1 from the PCB and connect it to the wiper (middle lug) of your 10k pot. Connect one of the outer lugs of your pot to where you disconnected the capacitor from.

ringworm

I thought it might be that switch. Thanks for the info, that's a real help.
Cheers.