Steby fuzz II: schem, pcb and layout (PDF format) !!!

Started by Steben, September 16, 2008, 05:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steben

Check it out!

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/steben/stebyfuzzII.pdf.html

(if you print, make sure acrobat has it on 100%, since it usually gets printed at around 94-97%.)
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

seibertdr

I think I would like to build this. I am somewhat of a noob. Do you have a parts list?

Thank you, Don
Mesa RK II
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez AR-300
Schecter Hellraiser
Gretsch G5120
Guitar>Bad Horsie wah>FullDrive 2>Boss OD-2>EHX POG2>Ernie Ball Volume>Amp
M9 in loop

John Lyons

Looks nice !
I'm curious to hear how this sounds.

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Steben

Quote from: seibertdr on September 16, 2008, 09:04:11 AM
I think I would like to build this. I am somewhat of a noob. Do you have a parts list?

Thank you, Don

this thing is made for germanium transistors (like for example AC128 for Q1 and AC127 for Q2).
Yet I would suggest using silicon as a start.
The rest is on the pdf.
R1 = 100k
P1 = 50k
P2 = 10k
C1 = 0.015µF
C2 = 0.47µF
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

culturejam

Just built this from the layout in the PDF. I really dig the sound. Amazing that you can make so few parts sound so good. I used a 2N2906 (hFE 80) in Q1 and a 2N2219 (hFE ~ 120) in Q2. Nice work, Steben!

I think I'm going to work up my own layout and move the current "fuzz" and "volume" controls to internal trimmers and also add standard output volume control pot. It seems like there is a very narrow range on either control that give usable tones (or even pass any sound at all), and they would be easier for me to use as trimmers rather than pots. Besides, such a delightfully simple fuzz really seems like it ought to have just one knob.  ;)

Thanks for sharing this cool circuit.