Small Bear's Annual "State Of The Cave" Message

Started by smallbearelec, September 21, 2008, 10:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beatstrat

(post deleted)

audioguy

You're getting great service??? Im glad to hear SOMEONE is.

JasonG

I was pleasantly surprised at how fast my last order arrived. Thanks!
      Since I know you will be reading this post I would like to suggest you start carrying 1590S style boxes for my tastes the bb is just too wide.
Class A booster , Dod 250 , Jfet booster, Optical Tremolo, Little Gem 2,  mosfet boost, Super fuzz , ESP stand alone spring reverb red Llama omni-drive , splitter blender ,

NEVER use gorilla glue for guitar repairs! It's Titebond , Elmers, or Superglue

Ben N

Shannah Tovah, Steve, a great year to you and your family--and may we all survive these tough times with body & soul together, and our pride and enthusiasms intact.
Ben
  • SUPPORTER

kurtlives

Good to hear your getting settled.

Too bad to hear about those ECQ-B caps. I loved em, so tight, small and lovely. :D

I like your idea of getting some trem PCBs made. I have always thought your projects were quite cool but I hate perf and you really push the perf to the max in my eyes. Too much cutting and drilling things perfectly for me to deal with the enclosure and perf. When I was placing a order a week ago I saw you have Bear Boost PCBs so I snagged one of them and one of your enclosures. I'm a vero and PCB guy.

Good luck with your endeavours.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

fogwolf

I will say that I've had a few problems with orders from Small Bear (gotten the wrong part, a part missing), but Steve and company have always made up for it. I can appreciate Steve's situation and feel good supporting his business. I do have a gripe, however, and this is not bashing, but just feedback, since you're more than likely reading this, Steve: if you could either tell the customer how much inventory you have of each part online as you're ordering or at least say when something is out of stock, I think this would be huge. It's not even mentioned in the order shipped emails so basically it's a bummer to get your package and assume you're all ready to build only to open the package and only *then* find out there's 1 or more parts back-ordered. Again, I know you're a very small operation, but if there's any way to add this to the online cart it would be extremely helpful. I must admit I have found myself ordering from other places on several occasions because of this. And just to be clear, it's not about you having parts out of stock, it's about the customer getting no notification of it being out of stock at all until they receive their order. Otherwise I'm a satisfied customer and will continue to shop with you.

Ben N

Steve, since you're checking: Is there a fairly cheap dual complementary array CMOS chip out there that can be used as a low current loss bridge rectifier polarity protector/corrector for 9v pedals? If the price is right, this, on a small retrofit board or incorporated in new fx boards, could become a "must-have". (There is another open thread talking about this. Some concerns were raised about CD4007 being suitable.)
  • SUPPORTER

mnordbye

Grats with the new cave! Hope it will keep you warm through the winter. :)
General tone addict
Deaf Audio at Facebook

neil411

Steve,

I was working as a freelance photographer when I moved from Mass. to NH in 1996. I fully understand how difficult it is for a small business to move, no matter how small the distance.

I lost business due to the time it took to get unpacked and sorted out. And I still have some film negatives that I have NEVER found, more than 12 years later.

Glad it's working out. Good luck.

Mark Hammer

"Noodge" (the double-O is pronounced like "wood") - a Yiddish verb meaning to pester without any sense or flavour of threat; to drop hint after hint after hint so as to provoke action on someone else's part...just to get rid of you.

Mazeltov on the move, Steve.  A sweet year to you and Judy.  Lehman, Merrill-Lynch and co all stumbled because of greed, a trait you some not to have anywhere on your person.  For that reason, you will thrive.

I think those 5 employees of yours are very fortunate to have someone like yourself for a boss.  I'm sure you look out for them, and I'll bet there are many here who are envious of that.

All my best,
Mark

StephenGiles

Quote from: audioguy on September 21, 2008, 11:33:44 PM
You're getting great service??? Im glad to hear SOMEONE is.

Your glass is obviously half empty!!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".