PICKED UP FUZZ PEDAL TODAY, NEED HELP RESEARCHING

Started by REGNAD, September 22, 2008, 11:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REGNAD

oops, sry for caps. Picked this up today, i am told that it is a '69 fuzz circuit. I asume this means a Fulltone '69 fuzz. i'll post picks eventually, it has a volume, fuzz, bias, and contour knob. Definatly "home made". looks like they etched their own board. Im hoping to find picks of Fulltone '69 boards and their traces to compare. i'm thinking this might take me to the correct schem. and pcb.
regnad

Dragonfly

Quote from: REGNAD on September 22, 2008, 11:28:34 PM
oops, sry for caps. Picked this up today, i am told that it is a '69 fuzz circuit. I asume this means a Fulltone '69 fuzz. i'll post picks eventually, it has a volume, fuzz, bias, and contour knob. Definatly "home made". looks like they etched their own board. Im hoping to find picks of Fulltone '69 boards and their traces to compare. i'm thinking this might take me to the correct schem. and pcb.
regnad

check www.generalguitargadgets.com

you'll find the 69 Fuzz there....

REGNAD

Dragonfly

Quote from: REGNAD on September 23, 2008, 07:08:11 AM
when was the first '69 produced?
regnad

Hard to tell - the 69 you have, as mentioned, is probably the GGG version , which is not the same as a fullltone 69.

iirc the fulltones were produced from about 95 or so.

REGNAD

maybe i guess, the pcb is not manufactured, and has oo8 on it i believe. the bias and contour pots are soldered directly to the board.

Dragonfly

Quote from: REGNAD on September 23, 2008, 07:23:50 AM
maybe i guess, the pcb is not manufactured, and has oo8 on it i believe. the bias and contour pots are soldered directly to the board.

Fulltones are clearly marked as such...even the old silver ones (which weren't 4 knob units, iirc")

if you post a couple pictures...outside and inside of box...i can most likely solve your mystery pretty easily.

REGNAD

REGNAD

heres some pics. i still havnt removed the board, but finally was able to definatly make out AC128 on the transistors. Looks like values where sharpied on them, HFE values maybe? Looks like "108" on the first one and "120" on the second...
well i was going to post pics but dont remember how!

REGNAD

REGNAD

Dragonfly

100% NOT a Fulltone.

I'm sure its based on the GGG schematic.

REGNAD

:) i didnt think it was an actual fulltone, i have seen several pcb images on the net of various vintage pedals. I was wondering if this was a copy or straight up original ectching. probably the later!

caress