Shuld The shaka Braddah III sound like this one looks?

Started by solderman, September 26, 2008, 10:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solderman

Hi all
I posted a massage earlier about the OCD and an article I read saying that the OCD had some genially constructed "valve" in the clipping section. I was told that this was not the case and that this, The shaka Braddah III was very nice sounding and used the same type of MOSFET Valv . I wanted to build it but I didn't find any ready to transfer PCB that was easy to transfer to transparent paper so I did one my self and built it. Yes it sound but no boost att all, rather the opposite, even with all pots and trimpot on "full ahead" and it is very brightish. Have I made an error I cant find my self in my design? I Have used the components as the list says.

DIY Layout Project file
http://solderman.fatabur.se/Future%20project/Shaka%20Brada%20III.diy

I am alos still looking for a circuit that:
Acts exactly like a compressor in that it levels the output level regarding to how hard you hit.
In addition to a compressor it "opens the valve" to the clipping section so, the sound is absolutly clean (valve to diode section folluy closed and no Op-amp distortion or such) when the strings are stum nicely byt gritty and distorted when they are strummed hard (valv to diode section f0lluy opend) . But at over all dB level at the same level in both cases (as close as possible). Is there such a strange animal out there??

Chers
//Solderman
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)