I started my DIY pedal adventure with this simple project...with not so much luck at the moment.
I made my circuit on a breadboard, checked everything seeeeeveral times, but I still get this behaviour:
- pot in starting position: no sound
- start rotating pot: no sound for a while, than something starts to came out
- near the end of the pot, distorsion with low volume for a while
- than, normal boost effect (volume increase while rotating) for a couple of rotation degrees
- finally, distorsion at high volume
I'm using a 4.7K linear pot. I'm testing the circuit with an electic bass, not a guitar (don't know if this could be the problem.
Also, I've tested it with 2N2222A and 2N3904, with the same results.
Any hint about what could be the problem?
Thanks to everyone!