Author Topic: 4: Switches/Bypass/Etc....  (Read 149258 times)

Howard

Re: Sv: 4: Switches/Bypass/Etc....
« Reply #180 on: June 14, 2014, 01:20:38 PM »
Hrrmf. I just found that one of the three sw I got has a fault. Have made some request about the origin of these switches, which seems to be hard to reveal. First they were said to be made by a company called PIC, then they were said to be made by DAIER. However DAIER seemingly (only) makes black 4PDT's, though they imply they COULD be made by them... Chinese accuracy..

Jdansti

Re: 4: Switches/Bypass/Etc....
« Reply #181 on: June 14, 2014, 04:34:04 PM »
To clarify my earlier post, the word "I" was left out of the second sentence.  I meant to say "I use the noisy ones", not "Use the noisy ones".   :icon_redface:
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Howard

Re: Sv: 4: Switches/Bypass/Etc....
« Reply #182 on: June 14, 2014, 10:36:24 PM »
Got that :-) Anyone familiar withe these switches from Mammoth http://www.mammothelectronics.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=27 ? Tayda as well?

olewaylon

« Reply #183 on: August 13, 2015, 11:27:47 AM »
very noob question.  what way should I start wiring on the switch. I tried to make an A/B box but I'm worried I was wiring the switch while it was sideways.

bluebunny

« Reply #184 on: August 13, 2015, 10:02:50 PM »
First of all, orient your switch so that the lugs are horizontal:

There are three switches in a 3PDT.  Each of these three switches corresponds to a column in the diagram.  So "Switch #1" has the common lug 2 connecting alternately to lug 1 or lug 3.

Edit: John already posted a very good picture on the previous page too!
[M][a][r][c]
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

GGBB

« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2015, 04:08:42 AM »
very noob question.  what way should I start wiring on the switch. I tried to make an A/B box but I'm worried I was wiring the switch while it was sideways.

Diagrams are always very useful, but it's even more useful to learn how to figure it out without a diagram. In the case of a 3PDT switch (the principle can be applied generally to any switch), use your multimeter* to check continuity between any two adjacent lugs, and when you find two that are connected, you have found one pole of the switch. The third lug of that pole will be "in line" with the two that are connected, with the middle one being "common." When you toggle the switch, that third lug will become connected to the common lug. The other two columns (or rows) of lugs will be the other two poles of the switch.

*Don't have a multimeter? You absolutely need one for this hobby!

berestie

« Reply #186 on: December 16, 2015, 01:23:11 AM »
 ;D ;D