tonepad el gritton tubescreamer

Started by makaze808, October 06, 2008, 02:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makaze808

Hi,  l have assembled the tonepad tubescreamer and it sounds fantastic. I have one problem which I hope someone may help me with.

I have taken the voltage readings as shown on GGG and it all appears normal. The problem is there is too much volume on the level pot, it is very loud even at lower settings and unusable at higher settings. Is there a quick mod I can do on the components around the level pot. Thanks for your time.

The scheme is here   http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=81

snoof

it should go down all the way to silent (IIRC), make sure the connection from the pot to ground is solid.

Edit:  Sorry, I see that it goes to Vb not ground.  So make sure that the pin 1 connection of the pot is solid at the board and at the pot.  Something ain't right.

earthtonesaudio

I second the suggestion to check to be sure lug 1 is going to either Vb.

makaze808

Thanks  I.ll check the connection on the pot. Does the pcb make the connection to VB via the copper traces or is that something i should have done with a wire?

Thanks.

snoof

Quote from: makaze808 on October 07, 2008, 12:11:43 PM
Thanks  I.ll check the connection on the pot. Does the pcb make the connection to VB via the copper traces or is that something i should have done with a wire?

Thanks.

PCB does it.  Just check the connections with your meter all the way back to the Vb point.

makaze808

:icon_lol: Thanks, lug 1 was the issue, it now sounds great and usable at all settings, can't believe it's so good :icon_razz:

Time to build an Orange Squeezer ::)

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com