Pt-80 getting only one repeat...pls help!

Started by maerlma, December 29, 2008, 08:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maerlma

Hi all,,

I just finished my pt-80 GGG kit. It sounds great, but I only get one repeat regardless of the 'Repeats' setting. Any thoughts? (This is only my 4th build, so I'm still learning.)

composition4

I would first check your repeat or feedback pot.  Take them out of the circuit and check that they are doing what you'd expect from pots (in terms of resistance), then if they are okay, solder them back in making sure you don't solder a cold joint

Jonathan

maerlma

Thought I would post some pics:

So I need to un-solder the wires to accurately measure the resistance of the pot? It's a linear 50k pot, btw.

oskar

No, you don't need to unsolder the repeats pot. It will however interact with the delay pot so the apparent resistance between the outer lugs should be ~25k. And outer lug to wiper would follow another response curve. But... you don't need to know it's resistance.
If you have continuity from the delay pot/repeat pot crossing (where you know there is signal ) to the wiper of the repeats pot then you know the signal should be getting passed this too and go forth to check on the 1u/22k net around the first compander stage.