Show off your weirdest pedal enclosures!

Started by azrael, October 10, 2008, 09:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrael

I've had this strange urge ever since I've start attempting to build pedals to build one inside an N64 controller. Don't know why.
Then I saw that the band Brand New had an awesome fuzz built inside a model car....
So I've been on the lookout for strange and often impractical pedal enclosures for a while. Haven't found anything yet, or had the heart to destroy one of my N64 controllers, though.

Has anyone else built, seen, or taken a picture of a really strange or unorthodox pedal enclosure? I'd like to see it!

Zben3129

I've always wanted to put one in one of these, darn slice hazard always stops me  :icon_eek:

And now for a little funny picture...

Hell's bathroom!

azrael

Haha, that would make an excellent pedal enclosure.

I'm sure many users here have seen the toaster amps at hottieamps.com:

The French connection

I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

andrew_k

Atari Punk Console + Ruby amp + 8Ω speaker in a Pokemon alarm clock:

Has APC out, AMP in, and external speaker jacks on the back:

I kept the 2xAA battery compartment and converted it to hold a 9V. It will run for a short time off the 9V for traumatizing co-workers and fellow public transport passengers.

Much less weird, an FKR (modded RAT distortion) in a Daphon delay enclosure:

A project I've got on the backburner is filling this old games console with noise circuits, a patchbay and a 4 channel mixer for parallel effects:

The guts of the daphon analog delay whose case I used for the FKR will be used in this, controlled by the right joystick. I've also got a few playstation 1 and 2 controllers that I've pulled apart -- the analog joysticks have a 5k pot on one axis and a 10k pot on the other, grab a few cheap ;)

Not a pedal, but in a similar vein to the toaster amp posted above -- I've nearly finished (just waiting on some capacitors), a brownface Fender Princeton 6G2 in a ~1940's bakelite valve radio:

Weird is fun   :D

azrael

nice! great weird things there, guys!

thanks French Connection, I was trying to find a thread like this, but had no luck. Cool stuff in there!

Renegadrian

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

DougH

Quote from: Zben3129 on October 10, 2008, 09:10:42 PM
I've always wanted to put one in one of these, darn slice hazard always stops me  :icon_eek:

Hell's bathroom!

:icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

Renegadrian

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Kearns892

Do those storm troopers have mouse ears?

Correction: the one on the left is definitely a clone, my bad.

studiostud

Quote from: Zben3129 on October 10, 2008, 09:10:42 PM

Hell's bathroom!

Isn't that Chuck Norris brand toilet paper?  I think Walmart carries it.
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

jkokura

Ha. I haven't heard a Chuck Norris Joke in a while. Funny.

Go to google.ca or com or whatever. Type "Find Chuck Norris" in google, then press the 'I'm feel lucky' button.

Jacob

studiostud

Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

FisTheGoon

birt

http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

kvb

Sweet!

It does not look like he is enjoying his new job.

cloudscapes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Adji