Slope detector for a Sunday morning sir?

Started by StephenGiles, October 19, 2008, 03:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules/cgs62_sd.html

I'm sure this could be useful, perhaps to provide voltage control for elements of distortion filters.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

sean k

Thats indeed a useful thing and the site is on is amazing.

It's just a pity those guys run +/- supplies and not single rails so anything we use has to be converted. And that they call things by different names. I look around, say, for a phaser, but those guys call everything by there circuit block names so to find a phaser you'd want two or three blocks. Not saying it's a bad thing, if anything just more stuff to learn.

I've got a half finished Paia Fatman and a Moog theremin board thats going to have the control voltage outs for gate, volume and Frequency and I've built a few oscillators and the simple theremin so it's definitely a place I'll be going to at some stage.

I'm just going about getting into the whole side chain thing at the moment and trying to realise where and how voltage or current control can work as regards garden variety guitar effects.

The slope detector, for me, is great because with an LFO (  Kens psycho LFO looks really interesting) driving it we can basically turn two effects on and off alternately. I just wish I knew how to convert it to a single rail  :icon_redface:
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

I have the good fortune of knowing Ken Stone who runs the site http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules
He's hidden away up in the hills behind Melbourne with a few miniature ponies, DIY model railway stuff, and of course his DIY modular synthesiser. He's done some great stuff.
I can recommend his DIY synth boards, very high quality (he uses the same local PCB manufacturer as I do.)
Very good value too!

sean k

I didn't realsie that at all so seeing I'm on the same end of the world, and even in the same quarter, I'll keep that in mind next time I have some money handy. Thanks Paul.
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/