Latest Crunch box update- finished!! and 100 % correct!!

Started by jimbob, October 20, 2008, 05:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

Latest Crunch box update- finished!! and 100 % correct!!

OK- so after getting a few different layouts and an old and new schematic I finally got a exact replica/clone of the Crunch Box- I liked this one so much that I bought one and ordered parts to beuild 2 more!  Do I need 3 total- Nope. But I gotm anyways-the more the better.

Anyways, i build mine using the layout from here http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/MarkMs-Gallery/album15/album76/Crunch_d_Box_LAYOUT_001.gif.html

That layout is for the older version and is not the newest version that include the 20k presence control (which makes a HUGE difference). And although it sounds great as it shown- its still missing that extra something (a few part changes and a presence control).

However, I had noticed a few part values that differed from the actual commercial one I bought- ( of course I took it apart and took a magnifying glass to it) So after it all I found that the main differences is that c10 (.039 cap needs to be changed to a .022, the 4.7k needs removed, the 10k (r10) needs removed a jumper placed there.

The wiring needs some ajustment as well- The presence lug #1 goes to to c11 (where the 4.7k connected to it), lug # 2 of the presence goes to goes to lug #3 of the volume, lug # 3 of the presence goes to where the r10(10k) was- you can just connect it to one of the jumper legs that you would want to keep longer when placing the jumper there. As before- volume lug #1 still goes to the ground, volume lug #2 goes to out (switch),  and lug # 3 (as stated previously) goes to lug # 2 of the presence. Tone and Gain stays the same according to the layout above.

Btw- there are 2 schematics floating around the internet and here- one is old and the other is new. Both seems correct (although I dont have an older v1 of the crunch box to verify. I culd only verify the new schematic since I bought one. The newest version lists the presence pot as a trimmer but Im placing it on the outside of the box as I believe MI should have done to begin with.

I hope this help anyone. Ill try to post the schematics old and new for reference when I can find them online- I printed them out but forgot to save the links- Of course there both from the DIY'rs friend Matsumin. Check out his site sometime.(btw its all in Japanese)

"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

jimbob

"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

SilverSurfer

I would like to build one too.  Were does the 20k trimmer pot go in the schematic?  will you be posting an updated schematic?

Thanks

SilverSurfer

Nevermind I just read your comments again.  I was comparing your notes with the old schematic not the Cruch'd box layout. :icon_redface: