Looking for help locating a schematic....

Started by joelap, October 23, 2008, 11:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelap

A year or two back, I found a schematic for an overdrive pedal on someone's personal website, I cant remember the name but it was one of the more seasoned individuals who posts around here.  I dont think it was Jack Orman, definately not RG's Geofex, and I dont believe it to be Mark Hammer.  Wasn't Dragonfly either.  It was a 2-knob overdrive pedal without any diodes, using a dual opamp.  Gain control was a pot to ground after the first stage and volume control was a pot to ground after the second.  The individual claimed it to be one of his favorites.  I cant remember what it was based off of, or anything.  I know it is not a Red Llama.  Testing my memory here a bit, but I believe the website had green font, and I believe the picture of the pedal was brown, but this is 2 years later and a lot more flux fumes later as well.

Anyone up for a scavenger hunt?  Winner gets my respect!  And gets three-fifty paypalled to them.  Just drop some names so I can google 'em.  Thanks!

Joe
- witty sig -

Zedmin_fx

joelap

Quote from: Zedmin_fx on October 23, 2008, 11:14:56 AM
was it at tonepad?

Nope, definately not tonepad.  It was someone's personal website, showing pictures of the epdals they had built.  I cant remeber the guys name.
- witty sig -

liddokun

To those about to rock, we salute you.

Naz Nomad

Aaron Nelson's ''Smash Drive''

Mark Hammer's ''Chaos''

... or something else from THIS PAGE?
... riding a Lissajous curve to oblivion.

liddokun

Quote from: Naz Nomad on October 23, 2008, 11:35:44 AM

... or something else from THIS PAGE?

That's what I was thinking too.  Though I don't quite remember seeing Paul having a pedal up that matches that description, but my memory is horrible.  Might be worth having a look.

George Giblet

Can't seem to access that page:

It's probably the black cat.

liddokun

Quote from: George Giblet on October 23, 2008, 11:49:09 AM

http://www.diyguitarist.com

This one?

But I guess since you've found what you're looking for, it doesn't matter.  But, if you can access it, have a look at Paul's site too.

joelap

Quote from: George Giblet on October 23, 2008, 11:49:09 AM

THATS IT!  Paul Marossy was the name!  And the font wast green but yellow.  Told you the solder fumes would get me.

Thanks everyone.

PS: anyone built this?
- witty sig -

Naz Nomad

Dammit ... liddokun just beat me to the $350 reward while I was posting the URL  :icon_evil:
... riding a Lissajous curve to oblivion.

MikeH

"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

joelap

Quote from: Naz Nomad on October 23, 2008, 12:07:32 PM
Dammit ... liddokun just beat me to the $350 reward while I was posting the URL  :icon_evil:

Hah, not $350, it was $3.50.  And it was virtual internet dollars.  Like in that south park episode.

Thanks for the help.
- witty sig -

aron

liddokun

Quote from: joelap on October 23, 2008, 12:42:18 PM
Quote from: Naz Nomad on October 23, 2008, 12:07:32 PM

Hah, not $350, it was $3.50.  And it was virtual internet dollars.  Like in that south park episode.

Thanks for the help.

Alright sweet.  Should I just pm you my paypal info?  :icon_mrgreen:
Just kidding.
Glad I could be of some help.